User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast

Post [Minigames] - Remove bhopping for AWP maps

The AWP maps are supposed to be two teams facing off across a map. Instead, it's them charging each other with knives, while the stragglers who can't bhop are picked off, making is unfair for those who can't or haven't learned how to bhop. All that would be needed is the same thing that is done on the deathrun maps that disables bhopping, and the map would be back to how it was originally supposed to function.
    Dislikes SpraayZ disliked this post

Personally I don't like try and flick across the map to kill someone. If there's someone new than just tell them "Hold space, and use a and d to strafe". I think the aspect of bhoping and trying to kill someone that's awping 24/7 is quite fun, I don't play much on minigames so I can't say much.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Personally I don't like try and flick across the map to kill someone. If there's someone new than just tell them "Hold space, and use a and d to strafe". I think the aspect of bhoping and trying to kill someone that's awping 24/7 is quite fun, I don't play much on minigames so I can't say much.
    Thats understandable, but the whole point of AWP maps is to AWP. Bhopping and knifing is more suited to maps where thats the goal, like the minigame in krane or the scoutsnknives modes on other maps.

Yes ok but the knife maps are a bit broken in my opinion. You come up to someones face, right click and it counts as a backstab. Personally I like the knifing aspect because your able to kill the people that constantly crouch and are scoped in 24/7. The one thing I could agree is if the bhop speed was lowered down and you wouldnt be able to go all around the map within like 2 seconds.

Decreased bhop speed would definitely be an improvement, and would be a great compromise for those who like bhopping and those who cannot. The reason it seems that you shouldn't have been backstabbed it because you're moving so fast that it looks like you're hitting them head on, but since you phase through them you're hitting the back, which is another reason speed should be lowered or removed altogether, if that's a problem.
    Likes Corrupted liked this post

There are a lot of maps that bhop should be removed on. Most mini-games it ruins the gameplay and forces it instead into this "wohever bhops better has a much larger advantage."

It ruins the point of any soccer-based games. Ruins any aim minigames. It should be kept to only course maps and other skill/kz maps imo. removal on minigames and aim maps would be best.
    Likes Noone, Advisorcrc1225, Conner Tyson liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fistacles View Post
    There are a lot of maps that bhop should be removed on. Most mini-games it ruins the gameplay and forces it instead into this "wohever bhops better has a much larger advantage."

It ruins the point of any soccer-based games. Ruins any aim minigames. It should be kept to only course maps and other skill/kz maps imo. removal on minigames and aim maps would be best.
    That is true, but that also brings up the question of how to deal with maps that have bhop based minigames inside them. Unless there is a way to remove bhop for only certain parts of the map, I don't see how you can keep that balance.

Please more opinions on this! Want to make sure the decision we make on this is one that everyone gets behind

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Quote Originally Posted by TheAtomicSlushy View Post
    That is true, but that also brings up the question of how to deal with maps that have bhop based minigames inside them. Unless there is a way to remove bhop for only certain parts of the map, I don't see how you can keep that balance.
    because they dont need them either. They are skill-based for a reason. auto-bhop removes the fun out of any of the bhop/longjump minigames. if it was up to me, auto-bhop wouldnt exist period.

Look, this is just personal opinion. i get the appeal of autobhop, heck i love it on some maps like ski mountain, and makes 100traps easier to do but still challenging. but when someone does a bhop minigame, and it only takes 20 seconds to complete it. its pointless. Its not fun. The same people will always win. At least without auto-bhop, if you screw up you wont be back to speed again within 3 seconds and still win, it gives a chance for others.

Having auto-bhop on a minigame map like yolo, specifically because it has a bhop course in it is pointless when it ruins the 6 or 7 aim minigames that exist on there, as well as soccer.

I honestly just want variety. I dont want to deal with trying to flick on people's heads, or cowarding in a corner in hopes that a bhopper wont just come up and backstab me. Id like to play the maps how they should be played. actually using the wallhack minigame and being tactical with it, rhater than "LMAO IMMA BHOP FAST AND THEY CANT 1-TAP ME HUEHUEUHE". Id like to actually aim during the awp maps. Im sure there are other people here that agree, and im sure some disagree.

perhaps we can compromise, and have auto-bhop disabled on most maps, BUT have the ability to vote for auto-hop to be on at the start of each map. Give the people in the server the choice on how they want it played.
    Likes TinyMuffinLord liked this post

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast