User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

I was playing minigames a little bit and I noticed the overwhelming amount of bhoping. I mean bhoping is fine but to the point where once the awp map starts they have already bhopped behind me is no good.

On maps where players are able to gain speed before the minigame or awping map is chosen players should lose that speed once they enter the game and have to recover it again.

Honestly, most of the maps should have autobunnyhopping off. I personally love the autobhop, but it just makes some of the maps less enjoyable. 100traps, deathrun maps, and awp maps should DEFINITELY have it off, but there's some more that people could say they don't want it

Quote Originally Posted by Fistacles View Post
    I honestly just want variety. I dont want to deal with trying to flick on people's heads, or cowarding in a corner in hopes that a bhopper wont just come up and backstab me. Id like to play the maps how they should be played. actually using the wallhack minigame and being tactical with it, rhater than "LMAO IMMA BHOP FAST AND THEY CANT 1-TAP ME HUEHUEUHE". Id like to actually aim during the awp maps. Im sure there are other people here that agree, and im sure some disagree.

perhaps we can compromise, and have auto-bhop disabled on most maps, BUT have the ability to vote for auto-hop to be on at the start of each map. Give the people in the server the choice on how they want it played.
    I could definitely agree to that compromise, and I don't think that too many people would be angered by the majority choice, as most of the time i see people either really like bhopping or really don't like it, but rarely a mix.
    Likes Fistacles liked this post

my only worry is a lot of the MG playerbase is there solely because of the autobhop, and id rather not alienate out one group over the other. I mean already with the varied map choices, we do tend to have a lot of people leave on certain map choices. having deathrun mixed in ive noticed empties the server, but thatll be a talk for another time.

This is something that we shouldnt change right away. try and test it out a couple times, see if the pub userbase is affected by it, and go from there. i fear if we do change it right away itll just empty out the server and get rid of 50% of the people. But a lot of people are aggravated by how much autobhop affects the gameplay, and ive heard complaints about it on the servers whenever I'm on.

Which is why the voting system you mentioned earlier would be a good addition. Depending on the group currently on, autobhop could be enabled and disabled. Expanding on that, every 5 minutes or so maybe you could revote, if the majority decides they want to change autohop back on or off.

Haven't played on MG for that long but I know personally I love BHopping at people and knifing them in the back or bhop AWP someone is good to, but from the people who play on the server way more then me they think it should be removed from the AWP maps aswell.
    Likes TinyMuffinLord liked this post

Event Coordinator Manager for Member Services
    Interested in joining and a G level admin? Apply here

Honestly auto bhop can have the potential to enhance or destroy a gaming experience, awp multi games is a prime example of why it should be turned off, theres nothing worse than trying to snipe people moving at easily over 1000 speed while getting knifed in the first 20 seconds of the round while waiting for people to knife each other while going insanely fast. But personally Bhop is a great tool in course maps/multigames/battle boosts and surfs as they were designed to have auto hop on. I would propose reviewing each map within minigames and see which exactly should have auto hop disabled/enabled since minigames has a variety of maps and playstyles. That's personally my best solution, the voting system imo is a great compromise, but this would definitely take a lot more time. Maybe if we review each map we could fix some problems on the way as well? (I.e people cant spawn in on Mario galaxy w/out admin help, acrophobia helicopter glitch, etc etc). If there's enough time of course.
    Thanks TinyMuffinLord thanked for this post
    Likes TheAtomicSlushy liked this post

+1 I agree that we should remove bhop on all awp maps aswell as some course maps like wipeout.
    Rip.pG

Quote Originally Posted by Light Souls View Post
    But personally Bhop is a great tool in course maps/multigames/battle boosts and surfs as they were designed to have auto hop on. I would propose reviewing each map within minigames and see which exactly should have auto hop disabled/enabled since minigames has a variety of maps and playstyles. That's personally my best solution, the voting system imo is a great compromise, but this would definitely take a lot more time. Maybe if we review each map we could fix some problems on the way as well? (I.e people cant spawn in on Mario galaxy w/out admin help, acrophobia helicopter glitch, etc etc). If there's enough time of course.
    I think what Light Souls said is a great idea. We should start by focusing on the AWP Maps, maybe test some of the player base reactions and move on from there. Reviewing each map would take a lot of organization but the voting system would take extra coding work(?). We should focus on maps that Bhoping hurts other players experiences before moving on to other maps and Bhoping as a whole.
    Thanks Light Souls thanked for this post

Your Favorite Breakfast Treat

Quote Originally Posted by Light Souls View Post
    Honestly auto bhop can have the potential to enhance or destroy a gaming experience, awp multi games is a prime example of why it should be turned off, theres nothing worse than trying to snipe people moving at easily over 1000 speed while getting knifed in the first 20 seconds of the round while waiting for people to knife each other while going insanely fast. But personally Bhop is a great tool in course maps/multigames/battle boosts and surfs as they were designed to have auto hop on. I would propose reviewing each map within minigames and see which exactly should have auto hop disabled/enabled since minigames has a variety of maps and playstyles. That's personally my best solution, the voting system imo is a great compromise, but this would definitely take a lot more time. Maybe if we review each map we could fix some problems on the way as well? (I.e people cant spawn in on Mario galaxy w/out admin help, acrophobia helicopter glitch, etc etc). If there's enough time of course.
    You are saying you want us to go through every single map and test their "Auto BHop'ibility"? 95% of the maps that are on our rotation are not meant to have Auto-Hop on them. Hell, I would even be as bold to say none of the maps are meant to have it.

Are some of them a SLIGHT BIT more enjoyable with it on? Yea I would say so. Are the maps meant to have Auto Hop on? No, those minigames/course maps/obstacle maps are meant to be a challenge for players. When you put Auto Hop into the mix, it takes away the entire difficulty in most of the maps.

This is a personal opinion, not a Leadership decision. I have played mini games (in both CS:S and CS:GO) an uncomfortable amount, so in this subject I felt I should speak my mind.
    Likes Light Souls liked this post

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast