User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

I will speak with @Custom Stats and @EpicFlamingos on this matter to get their insight, but I wanna point something out that has been brought up in this thread already.

While yes, vents are a fantastic way of getting a rebellion started, BUT there are a multitude of ways to rebel as well that aren't involving the vent systems. When you only rely on one system to rebel, you are creating a player environment that is stagnant and redundant. Do you know how to coordinate rebellions better? Get a group of people in Teamspeak and play Jail together so you can coordinate rebellions. I swear it won't kill anyone to be in a Teamspeak room and talking with each other. It actually makes Jail exponentially more enjoyable when you are doing things like this because you find more ways to enjoy the server.

But again, I will talk with those 2 to get their thoughts. Just thought I would throw in that insight as well.
    Likes Rogue Sniper liked this post

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem Death View Post
    I will speak with @Custom Stats and @EpicFlamingos on this matter to get their insight, but I wanna point something out that has been brought up in this thread already.

While yes, vents are a fantastic way of getting a rebellion started, BUT there are a multitude of ways to rebel as well that aren't involving the vent systems. When you only rely on one system to rebel, you are creating a player environment that is stagnant and redundant. Do you know how to coordinate rebellions better? Get a group of people in Teamspeak and play Jail together so you can coordinate rebellions. I swear it won't kill anyone to be in a Teamspeak room and talking with each other. It actually makes Jail exponentially more enjoyable when you are doing things like this because you find more ways to enjoy the server.

But again, I will talk with those 2 to get their thoughts. Just thought I would throw in that insight as well.
    Just curious is there a T side TS and a Guard TS? If not, I think it would be used more if there was one for T and one for Guard, and these types of rebels would be much easier to coordinate.
    Likes Corrupted liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Just curious is there a T side TS and a Guard TS? If not, I think it would be used more if there was one for T and one for Guard, and these types of rebels would be much easier to coordinate.
    I like that idea of implementing that into Teamspeak. I can speak with my bosses to see if we can get that done!
    Dislikes digitaljoint disliked this post

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

I like that idea of implementing that into Teamspeak. I can speak with my bosses to see if we can get that done!
    That would be great, because I think that could be a reason why people avoid talking about rebel in TS, because the guards could hear them say it and inevitably camp it because thats just human nature to know if something like that is happening to try to stop it
    Likes Community ManagementMayhem Death liked this post

One problem with that idea, people could ghost. From what I have heard there was a "rebelling discod" where people just ghosted. Im not sure about this, that's only what I heard.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Also just wanted to say this, it's not all about camping vents. It's also camping some secrets, I can't think of a good example, but one example could be the kitchen secret on vipinthemix.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

But this is literally allowing ghosting in TS and, disregarding that, makes it extremely easy to rebel beyond the already small difficulty of rebelling.
    Likes Division LeaderCustom Stats, Corrupted, Conner Tyson liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drewerth View Post
    But this is literally allowing ghosting in TS and, disregarding that, makes it extremely easy to rebel beyond the already small difficulty of rebelling.
    TS used to have a Guards room and a general Jail room anyway. It does NOT allow ghosting. If people want to ghost, they'll find ways to do it whether a TS room exists or not. Also, if people are ghosting, do we not have admins to deal with it? It's a TS room. How are there complaints against it?

As far allowing CTs to stare at vents/secrets/whatever, they're going to do regardless or not if there's a rule for or against it. You wanna make the rule better? Take the part that directly allows it out. Clearly stating it means it'll happen more often because someone will read it and tell others. Saying you can't is going to be impossible to admin. Just make the rule this:
    Camping would be considered standing and blocking the entrance, exits or inside of the secret/vent.
    Lastly, since this keeps getting brought up, Ts are not going to coordinate a rebellion. Stop dreaming. It never works because most of the T team thinks it's funnier to sit back and watch everyone die as they rush. I haven't seen a GOOD coordinated rebellion since Source.

I think the better point to make would be, if a CT wants to stare at a vent or secret, they're tunnel visioning. Take advantage of it and target them if you have nades or a gun or something.
    Thanks Light Souls, SupporterApexLock thanked for this post
    Likes Jacko, CtrlAltDelicious, Corrupted liked this post

We need to get rid of this rule, please. First, talking with T's does not work out, like saying "RUSH VENTS!" Mainly because CT's will camp vents and T's don't want to die and wait out an entire round. Second, on Dojo, CT's camp vents hard core. They sit there with an awp, negev, or right above the cell and camp it the entire round. It is not hard to kill T's in vents. All they have, usually, is a mac10 and usp, or scout. In Spy vs Spy CT's can also kill T's very easy. They pursue vents through armory and mass murder the T's. On Obama CT's camp vents as much as on the other maps.

What I'm trying to say is that it is very easy to kill T's in vents. You are telling T's to use teamwork, shouldn't CT's to? "Peak in 3, 2, 1," or "Drop down into vents at 7:30"

Maybe get maps that have better vent systems? Maybe get maps that focus on that whole Jailbreak aspect more?

Idk, no one reads these anyways...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast