User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you like this implemented in our eGO servers?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

19 63.33%
  • No!

11 36.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Just going to give my thoughts on this. Adding more and more plugins can have some negative impacts. I’ve recently been going around all the CSGO jb servers and so many of them are cluttered with too many plugins.

Plugins can water down JB and have interactions with maps that make them, or certain games, unplayable. Individual plugins (like this) may be added without issue, but we need to be very careful to maintain what we have now.

Nexus nation was a swamp of broken interactions and cluttered gameplay with special days every round and no jail. It’s no surprise their server isn’t in the top ten of even JB servers. Our mostly vanilla style is clearly very popular.
    Likes SupporterApexLock liked this post

While this is a cool idea that could be considered for jb2.0, I feel like there are going to be too many problems that come with it. First, I think this would be a really big project for tech unless you have the coding, and it would definitely bring more problems to admins. It would be fun, but I think the cons list is definitely longer than the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mast View Post
    While this is a cool idea that could be considered for jb2.0, I feel like there are going to be too many problems that come with it. First, I think this would be a really big project for tech unless you have the coding, and it would definitely bring more problems to admins. It would be fun, but I think the cons list is definitely longer than the pros.
    Well its worth a try ay. If it there's lots of problems we can remove it after all. Anyways rebelgang eZ.

Once Jailbreak 2.0 releases I think there should be an unban all.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    Dislikes Ayto disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Well its worth a try ay. If it there's lots of problems we can remove it after all. Anyways rebelgang eZ.

Once Jailbreak 2.0 releases I think there should be an unban all.

There should be a what?
    Likes Ayto liked this post

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem Death View Post
    There should be a what?
    Whenever pG and eGO merged there was an unban all. Meaning everyone got unbanned. Just soo they can see how jailbreak 2.0 looks like, also they could get another chance. Tbh idc since it was they're fault that they got banned in the first place.

Dislikes TinyMuffinLord, Ayto disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    Whenever pG and eGO merged there was an unban all. Meaning everyone got unbanned. Just soo they can see how jailbreak 2.0 looks like, also they could get another chance. Tbh idc since it was they're fault that they got banned in the first place.

Yeah lets let all the people who were racist, got leadership banned, discriminated, disrespected, etc... all back at once...yeah not really a good idea.

Also there wasn’t a “Hey everybody is unbanned!” in the merge. It was more of a “Oh I can do this now.” Since pG’s website is down, we can’t check on that now but back then when the website was still up, it’d be a different story.
    Last edited by Thorium; 11-27-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Exclamation

Although this is a cool concept, I feel there are more Cons than Pros, similarly to what Ayto said.

• If implemented, this could cause heavy Tech maintenance and delay JB 2.0. I am also worried that it would cause compatibility issues but I am not in tech team and do not know the specifics.
    • The credit system and reward system takes away exclusives VIPs can receive and may hurt donors in the future. I would rather incentivize people to donate to eGO than give them rewards based on play time.
    • Like what Ayto said, these factions could create... factions. I could very much see toxic people competing and bashing other factions, not to mention targeting others.
    • Will this slow down the server? JB gets big enough lag spikes on some maps as it is.

The sheer amount of work that would have to be put into this would heavily out weigh the pros.
    Your Favorite Breakfast Treat

Quote Originally Posted by Thorium View Post
    Yeah lets let all the people who were racist, got leadership banned, discriminated, disrespected, etc... all back at once...yeah not really a good idea.

Also there wasn’t a “Hey everybody is unbanned!” in the merge. It was more of a “Oh I can do this now.” Since pG’s website is down, we can’t check on that now but back then when the website was still up, it’d be a different story.
    Ok ok, calm down. It was only an idea, a bad idea. I don't really care that much since it's there fault that they got banned. Also what do you mean by "Oh I can do this now".

While I do tend to be spiteful of new ideas, this pos is a summation of my thoughts (with some changes that I will clarify).

Quote Originally Posted by TinyMuffinLord View Post
    Although this is a cool concept, I feel there are more Cons than Pros, similarly to what Ayto said.

• If implemented, this could cause heavy Tech maintenance and delay JB 2.0. I am also worried that it would cause compatibility issues but I am not in tech team and do not know the specifics.
    • The credit system and reward system takes away exclusives VIPs can receive and may hurt donors in the future. I would rather incentivize people to donate to eGO than give them rewards based on play time.
    • Like what Ayto said, these factions could create... factions. I could very much see toxic people competing and bashing other factions, not to mention targeting others.
    • Will this slow down the server? JB gets big enough lag spikes on some maps as it is.

The sheer amount of work that would have to be put into this would heavily out weigh the pros.
    • Compatability issues should not be a problem with the current development build of JB2. I have organized all modules into secular spaces that rarely interact with enough (save for, maybe, logging).
    • As much as I enjoy a shop concept, the nail is hit with the concept of psuedo-monetization. I will confirm that, yes, there are Dedicated Supporter features planned and already implemented into JB2. These are small changes and I truly don't believe they will be of a hinderance to all gameplay. CS is basically dead for DS features, so we're adding a few to all servers over time.
    • I agree with the risks we take on excessive competition on a non-competitive server, but I could also be wrong.
    • Lag? Eh, the server is 50 slots or so which is already deadly close to the SourceMP Edict Entity limit. But, I will clarify, that I have made and am actively looking to make major internal improvements to the plugin. This can't really be tested until I release the Break It-Early Test Application.

Mayhem and I are doing everything we can to bring Jailbreak into the modern era while maintaining that which made it a top-10 sever to start. That means JB2 is almost a carbon copy, albeit minor updates, of JB1 with a few extra coats of paint we dub "new features". Looking at my internal notes, we've added:
    • 1 new DS feature (more planned).
    • 7 completely new changes (more planned).
    • 6 changes to current standards of gameplay (more planned).
    • 3 noticeable bug fixes (as they come).

The sad reality I've come to realize is that there is no way for me to test this plugin full-scale without using the official JB population. What's likely going to happen is that when JB2 drops publically, I'll have to spend a week monitoring it for hot fixes and other quick changes. I have already doscussed this with Mayhem as well, we're basically pulling a Fallout 76 but with less bugs (hopefully).

Regardless, the intent is the same. That is to bring you all, the community, an updated experience that's long overdue from 2015 with the original project started by TheeDeer, an old pG developer.
    Last edited by Drewerth; 11-28-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    Thanks TinyMuffinLord thanked for this post
    Likes SupporterApexLock liked this post

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Drewerth View Post
    • Compatability issues should not be a problem with the current development build of JB2. I have organized all modules into secular spaces that rarely interact with enough (save for, maybe, logging).
    • As much as I enjoy a shop concept, the nail is hit with the concept of psuedo-monetization. I will confirm that, yes, there are Dedicated Supporter features planned and already implemented into JB2. These are small changes and I truly don't believe they will be of a hinderance to all gameplay. CS is basically dead for DS features, so we're adding a few to all servers over time.
    • I agree with the risks we take on excessive competition on a non-competitive server, but I could also be wrong.
    • Lag? Eh, the server is 50 slots or so which is already deadly close to the SourceMP Edict Entity limit. But, I will clarify, that I have made and am actively looking to make major internal improvements to the plugin. This can't really be tested until I release the Break It-Early Test Application.
    Thank you for replying. These were just some worries I would have and guessing some other people. I would still not want it due to thr toxicity it woild create and the fact that I enjoy JB more vanilla vs. point systems and gangs with competition.
    Last edited by TinyMuffinLord; 12-17-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    Your Favorite Breakfast Treat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast