User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragonKnight View Post
    I don't see how the rules somehow make rebelling easier. The rules are there to improve quality of life of the Ts to ensure they don't sit in cell block playing cell games all day. The rules adopted from pg were not all that different than the ones used by eGO before, outside of the ratio, but the maps are extremely different. I've always been of the opinion that secrets being the only way to rebel is bad design, as it just deletes any chance of newer players being able to rebel until they learn the secret. Then when more and more people know the secret, it just stops becoming a secret, so there's really no reason to even hide it.

No, the defining difference isn't the maps or the rules; it is and will always be the playerbase. The Ts never seem to have the intention of organizing a rebellion, which would almost always work considering the inability for most of the guards to use catwalks or stay more than 15 feet away from the Ts at any given time.
    thorgot is right. im already bored of rebelling because we dont have new maps yet...it is fun to explore the map and for new players they can get a understanding on how to rebel the RIGHT way. if you learn the map more and more then when you are on ct there shouldnt be an issue. i think secrets are not an issue and make it enjoyable and unique. i find sitting in a marker and having to run up to a ct to kill them with my knife is a bit boring.
    Dislikes EpicFlamingos disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    I list those in the first half of people who helped Jail grow back then, as well as being those who I enjoyed playing with (second half were part of this group). Some of maps we had on Jail before its closure we're the 85% the same maps that RDK, Captain Nighthawk, myself, and a few others created and that people enjoyed. A few modifications here and there for the newer players and broader audience that CS grew out to (as well as Volvo breaking everything all the time), but still the maps had similar layouts and play style from back then.

Jail is nothing like it was from then. I load in there, watch for oh about 3 rounds then leave. The player base is radically different today than three years ago, six years ago, or even from 2008 when I started playing.

I want the player base from 2008-2010, that will never happen.

I want the experiences I had from playing with the group of friends I would come to back and the players I enjoyed rebelling or wardening against, but that will never happen.

I want the rules that made it fun for both sides and fun to semi-RP without having people playing TDM or filling the Contest Ban forums with appeals, but that will never happen.

In the end, the maps can remain similar enough to those even 10 years ago, but even when you give those to players they no longer care. They want things to give them an advantage and make it easy for them. They do not want to try and the few that do want a challenge and not having their hands held, wont play this.

I enjoy having CTs stay in CT areas and I enjoy Ts rebelling by sneaking through vents, sneaking off, or just hiding. Its fun to have a challenge from both sides and the maps themselves should do this, not the rules.

The rules are more like guidelines that should shape the player base into something that is in a sense, welcoming to new players, but enjoyable for those veterans.
    you know its not hard to download a map and then play it with your "group of friends"
    the player base is fine in my opinion. its harder to use a knife with 20 people than 40. thats why secrets help the t's win, and that is why you dont have to wait 10 minutes because you couldnt hear a command. 60 minutes to play a map and find new areas. you can still have fun if you just think about how you are going to rebel. there are still funny moments where i kill a ct and kill the rest of the ct's. i dont really have anything bad to say but its not as enjoyable because we arent having suggestions and polls like we should to change the game completely. i think these suggestions we make are helping us become better and better. remember we arent trying to make this a skill based for the new players, we are trying to make it fun for everyone and secrets to me help keep the less experienced players become good.
    <3

The culture that is jail is not what it was 10 years ago. The playerbase that it once was, where we had 100 dedicated jail players rather than 2000 "new players" with a few vets sprinkled in, is completely different. The maps are different, the focus of jail itself is different, Its just.. not jail anymore. its mini-games now, not RP. Its about killling people off by going to A B or C and killing off a group of prisoners each time and enjoyment of self, and not the enjoyment of others by goofing off, giving fun orders, and messing around with people on the server who we call friends. Its about being the last alive, not taking a chance and rebelling, and feeling awesome and satisfied when you finally do get that backstab on the warden.

Perhaps its because we are no longer 14-17 year olds with tons of freetime, but now I'm not willing to waste my time being frustrated at all the bullshit. Back then, toxicity was never a problem. Now, i cant go on without hearing someone cursing someone out, or saying something sexist, racist, or bullying others. The culture and atmosphere of present jail is not even close to what it used to be back in source.

I wish there was a way to change it, but unfortunately this new "generation" have a vastly different attitude and idea of what jail should be, and theres just no going back. I Guess we just grew out of it.

Im sure im just reiterating a lot of what has been said, but I just felt like ranting.
    Likes WaSe liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fistacles View Post
    The culture that is jail is not what it was 10 years ago. The playerbase that it once was, where we had 100 dedicated jail players rather than 2000 "new players" with a few vets sprinkled in, is completely different. The maps are different, the focus of jail itself is different, Its just.. not jail anymore. its mini-games now, not RP. Its about killling people off by going to A B or C and killing off a group of prisoners each time and enjoyment of self, and not the enjoyment of others by goofing off, giving fun orders, and messing around with people on the server who we call friends. Its about being the last alive, not taking a chance and rebelling, and feeling awesome and satisfied when you finally do get that backstab on the warden.

Perhaps its because we are no longer 14-17 year olds with tons of freetime, but now I'm not willing to waste my time being frustrated at all the bullshit. Back then, toxicity was never a problem. Now, i cant go on without hearing someone cursing someone out, or saying something sexist, racist, or bullying others. The culture and atmosphere of present jail is not even close to what it used to be back in source.

I wish there was a way to change it, but unfortunately this new "generation" have a vastly different attitude and idea of what jail should be, and theres just no going back. I Guess we just grew out of it.

Im sure im just reiterating a lot of what has been said, but I just felt like ranting.
    Well you do rant the best

Well, I think this post has gone for long enough (since we have deviated a bit from the main point).

I enjoy reading everyones opinions though! Of course a server (especially Jail) cannot please every single player since everyone is different. The fact about the playerbase judging how the gamemode is played is one I extremely agree with. Also, if Guards can help it try not to break vents that are not opened already. I know it isn't a rule, but it is frowned upon. So if you can help it, don't open vents as a Guard.

Hopefully that makes sense.
    Likes Yehhp liked this post

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6