User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Default GMod TTT Suggestions

After putting in some hours into the TTT server I have compiled a list of suggestions to make the server better.

1. Change round per map to 8
      • Many players have said that the current 6 rounds is too quick on a map that they won't be able to play for a little while. Increasing the number of rounds by two would make the time per map more balanced
    2. Change the map voting system to a nomination based then vote
      • Seeing every single map overwhelms some newer players and mostly makes the same maps being played. If we allow 4 nominations and then vote on those four maps will give us more variety imo
    3. Add more options to buy with points
      • RN the only things you can buy with these points are skins and there are only 4 of them so many regulars have a lot of points that are just sitting there so maybe we can add more things to this shop
    4. More maps
      • Self explanatory, it would be great to have some new maps. I will try to look up some later and update this as I find some
    5. Auto tagging, and Dedicated Supporter
    6. Make specials rounds more often, maybe once a map would be good OR get rid of them all together

Hi, I'm going to give my thoughts on these, someone else may respond more fully later.

1. I've never heard people complain the maps go by too fast, actually the opposite quite a bit. I've heard people ask "how many rounds are left on this map?" or "can we change the map" a lot. A few months ago for about a week there was one less round then there is now and rounds went by too fast. I feel that 6 per maps is a good balance and we don't stay on one map too long. Larger maps also tend to drag out for a long time. We could shorten the cool down before it can be voted for again however.

2. This sounds like the system you had over at pG which I am interested in seeing how it works on our server as well.

3. This one is one I feel strongly about. I do not think hats/player models/trails etc fit on TTT servers due to the nature of how the gamemode is played. If there is one guy with a batman skin, or a fedora on and he is the T and someone see's him kill someone all that person has to do is say "kill the guy that looks like batman." You could always make this against the rules, but that's only going to stop people calling it out. If someone sees the batman guy kill someone and theres only one guy with that skin, the next time he seems batman he is going to kill him. There are more things to buy on Prop Hunt (and maybe/probably the murder server in the future)

4. We already have almost 30 maps and I don't think we should add too many as that will only increaase the chances of only a few being played. We can always swap some around though

5. WIP

6. For now, this is removed since it causes a lot of issues/crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    Hi, I'm going to give my thoughts on these, someone else may respond more fully later.

1. I've never heard people complain the maps go by too fast, actually the opposite quite a bit. I've heard people ask "how many rounds are left on this map?" or "can we change the map" a lot. A few months ago for about a week there was one less round then there is now and rounds went by too fast. I feel that 6 per maps is a good balance and we don't stay on one map too long. Larger maps also tend to drag out for a long time. We could shorten the cool down before it can be voted for again however.

2. This sounds like the system you had over at pG which I am interested in seeing how it works on our server as well.

3. This one is one I feel strongly about. I do not think hats/player models/trails etc fit on TTT servers due to the nature of how the gamemode is played. If there is one guy with a batman skin, or a fedora on and he is the T and someone see's him kill someone all that person has to do is say "kill the guy that looks like batman." You could always make this against the rules, but that's only going to stop people calling it out. If someone sees the batman guy kill someone and theres only one guy with that skin, the next time he seems batman he is going to kill him. There are more things to buy on Prop Hunt (and maybe/probably the murder server in the future)

4. We already have almost 30 maps and I don't think we should add too many as that will only increaase the chances of only a few being played. We can always swap some around though

5. WIP

6. For now, this is removed since it causes a lot of issues/crashes
    1. Maybe an !extend command that works like rtv but extends the map a round or two
    3. I think that we should get rid of it all together then as it serves no purpose
    4. I didn't know there was over 30 maps. It just seems the same 8 maps are always being played.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the voting system you guys have also has an extend option?
    Previously you could buy weapons on TTT at any time, we are currently waiting on this getting updated/fixed by the creator of the plugin. So for now its only purpose is to earn points that can be spent on PH. There also may be some things added to the event server. We are also hoping to get more stuff added to it in the future.
    As for the map thing, there's always been a handful of 'fan favorite' maps that get played much more than the others. Removing too many of these just seems to kill the server. I don't really know what else to do about this.

For auto-tagging, we've made attempts in the past, but couldn't make it work. We added something for a small time that showed in chat when an admin typed, but it didn't appear anywhere else. Essentially, we want something that works just like the auto-tagging on source servers. On those servers, it changes your name to your forum name with your proper tag. If you or someone else from the tech team can make something like that, then we can get it done.
    Dislikes chaonyx disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bolton View Post
    For auto-tagging, we've made attempts in the past, but couldn't make it work. We added something for a small time that showed in chat when an admin typed, but it didn't appear anywhere else. Essentially, we want something that works just like the auto-tagging on source servers. On those servers, it changes your name to your forum name with your proper tag. If you or someone else from the tech team can make something like that, then we can get it done.
    @Drewerth @Ark Could you snip the relevant code from SAM into the gmod maul addon? Feel free to let me know if you need any help.
    Likes chaonyx liked this post

I made the autotagging for SAM but it certainly isn't portable. A lot of it was done using library code practically ripped from other addons because whoever SAM's first dev was made it that way.

That's why I just want to make SAM3 and uplink it to the MAUL API because A) everything is better than ULX and B) classbased development in Lua.

As for source... it doesn't work. I was on DoD:S and my name was =(eGO)= finna yomped by a slime, when I set my Steam name to Drewerth it just became "Drewerth" without eGO tags.
    Likes chaonyx liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Drewerth View Post
    As for source... it doesn't work. I was on DoD:S and my name was =(eGO)= finna yomped by a slime, when I set my Steam name to Drewerth it just became "Drewerth" without eGO tags.
    It works in TF2 and CSGO then. CSGO actually prevents your name from being changed to anything other than your forum name and tag.
    Dislikes chaonyx disliked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Change the map voting system to a nomination based then vote
    Is now WIP.
    Thanks GrimReaper thanked for this post

Ok, so I was thinking that we should have the ability to have a screenshot feature for admins similar to what we had on pG so that we can check for hacks and what not. It worked extremely well until it broke a month or so ago.
    Also, we should be able to do things such as kick, ban and have an automated RDM warn message from the RDM manager.
    Thanks for hearing me out.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast