User Tag List

Thread: what up

Default what up

My name is Ric, and here's my EGO story!

Many years ago, I joined EGO in the TF2 division. I believe the Divisional Leader back then was ScrappyDoo. One day while playing TF2, I was field promoted to an eG.

Fast forward some time, I played on our CS:S Jail server and got instantly hooked. There, I spent a few months learning how to be a Guard and a Warden, sitting silently.

Fast forward some more, I switched to the CS division and got promoted by Legend to an O rank during one of the O rank meetings. I remember my speech to the promotion was "I'm still wet" or something to that degree, as Legend promoted me after a shower.

Shortly after, I ascended becoming an admin trainer under the reigns of BigRedKing, who was a great mentor. I went on to write countless admin training guides and rebuilding the program several times throughout the years.

Fast forwarding again, me and spark got Advisor at the same time, I became a DL, and eventual Community Manager of the CS division, where I spent many hours of my free time helping eGO grow as much as possible. I helped in nearly every division we had in some way or another.

Every good thing must come to an end, and I am no exception. I made some bad choices as a CM, and it took me a while to own up to them, but I did with @Artimus in a conversation late at night. Due to it, I was demoted to a Divisional Leader. I sat around for a few weeks, noticing it's not the same. It's not the same to be restricted to one environment when I knew I had the capacity of helping an entire community. I stepped down from Divisional Leader and Leadership.

The last fast forward, I was sitting on the sidelines as an O, not making any progress. Realizing I had Leadership capabilities, I sought after a community who could use my efforts, not throw them away. During that seek, I was demoted to an E from an O by someone in a private message for being too confrontational, and I stepped down from the community entirely because it's degrading to get demoted completely, especially by a private message, after putting in countless hours of volunteer work.

Nonetheless, that's my introduction, and this will remain one of my favorite communities on the Internet. I have two cats, share an apartment with my girlfriend, and work at a theme park. I'm usually AFK on team speak, but if I'm on, come say hi. I also love death metal, so if you listen to it, let's talk about some bands!

See ya around.
    If you've got something to say, come my way.
    I'm guarded by Satan, riding on baphomet.
    I'll teach you a lesson in violence you won't soon forget.
    The pleasure of watching you die is what I will get.

I always remember discussing tech stuff with you years ago. And when you had a TF2 tag under your name .

Always good to see you around Ric, hope all is going well

*DEAD* =(eGO)= Ashley : Yeah I am quite ugly

=(eG)= Shadow19 : i wish i could be an eyebrow of zac effron

(ADMINS) =(eGO)= Average @ Best: crazyrockets! I've got great news!
    (ADMINS) =(eGO)= Ashley' <3: you're demoted!

[SM] =(eGO)= Dew of the Mtn Type: Kicked =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs (Reason: "Treason")
    Player =(eGO)= Ashley'<3 αмoμs left the game ("Treason")

Hello Ric!

=(e)= - 3/25/17
    =(eG)= - 4/16/17
    =(eGO)= - 7/4/17
    EC - 11/12/17[

Hi there Ric, I like the story, sad ending though ;-; glad you stuck around

Ric.

Hi.

Mercy sig made by HyperPenguin. Ty <3

A woman you might find appealing,
    Mercy's doctor skills have no ceiling.
    But her heart is with a
    Ninja five miles away
    From the team shouting "I need healing!"

"I HAVE FERTILITY" -Butter, 2017

"Help me become a hooker" -Chomper, 2018

"I take solace in carrot" -MB, 2018

@Ric

As I worked my way through the ranks of eGO... I can honestly say you were someone whom I always looked up to in the community for the better part of almost 6 years. And to stand out as much as you did with great leaders such as Judge, Mikkel, NM, Drew, Spark, Xavier (God I feel like I'm missing so many great people) is saying a lot... I was a lot more active back then in forum and Vent (at the time) than I am now, and you were a big part of that. I laughed a lot at your ban contests, listened when you spoke, and you were always available if I had an issue. I took some time off for personal reasons and came back to a whole list of advisors I didn't know... but you were still around.

I have no idea what happened with the current leadership situation, nor do I want to open that can of worms... but I just want you to know that you did mean something to a lot of us, and I will miss being able to come to you.

That being said... I have been jamming Kataklysm's latest album non stop for a couple weeks. It is fantastic if you haven't picked it up yet.