User Tag List

Thread: Bastion Buff?

Default Bastion Buff?

So it looks like Bastion is going to be getting a potential buff. Thoughts?

Here are some high level stuff we're likely to have testable in the next PTR:

Recon Mode - Lowered spread and increased magazine size, to help with general viability in this mode.

Sentry Mode - We're looking at focusing this mode into more of a tank-buster and barrier-buster mode, while also making it feel less suicidal to be transformed. To that end we're testing stuff like increased spread and removing headshots, but taking less damage while transformed.

Self-Repair - We've been testing a few big changes to this that are feeling really good so far. Currently our internal build has Bastion able to use Self-Repair while moving and also having it no longer interrupted when taking damage. To balance that out it is now on a resource system (similar to the route D.Va's defense matrix went). These changes have turned this ability from a more niche rarely used ability, to a much more powerful and core survivability tool.

We're still testing and tweaking things with Bastion but we'll hopefully have a PTR build coming fairly soon so you guys can try it out!

Here is the article that I found.

These changes are actually really good. Thanks for finding that for us DUH.

YES PLEASE.

I love bastion but he's got so many counters, its hard to play him unless I am scrubbing it up

The only thing I'm excited about with this is the healing and larger recon mag. The rest of it seems like they just want more bastions to be played. At least if these go through we'll see more recon bots vs stationary turrets randomly spinning around trying to shoot me when I go invisible.
    Proud member of Team!

I'm so happy about this. Maybe people won't get mad at me when I play Bastion on attack now.

Quote Originally Posted by michael bolton View Post
    i'm so happy about this. Maybe people won't get mad at me when i play bastion on attack now.
    recon bastion!

Honestly all 3 sound quite good IMO. Its pretty much an absolute death sentence if you're caught running around as Bastion in Recon Mode, and his turret was far too powerful even at long ranges (a stationary turret that can basically snipe isn't working as intended if you ask me). It was also supremely irritating to get two shots off at him (nearly killing him) just to have him duck around a corner for 3 seconds and be back to full health, so having a 'repair energy' gauge or some such will be quite a good change as well.

137.6 decibel World Record Fan Noise 12/2/13!