User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Recuiting Help

Default Recuiting Help

In this thread I will be explaining how I get my recruits in games like CS:GO/CSS/DODS/TF2
    Updated 21-05-2016

• Why Am I making this thread ?

Recently people asked me multiple times how I get my recruits and how i'm able to get many recruits.
    To start, You have to know that good recruiting will take allot of time and incredible amount of typing.
    I suggest that once you recruited a player to make a list of recruited players File down their activitys like: Is he active, Did he join teamspeak, And Joined events.
    Why ? Because as recruiter its your goal to help the recruit and help eGO to find new active players, This means that the player joined teamspeak and hopefully will be a regular visitor of our teamspeak.
    That he hopefully actively post in our forum, and that the player attend events. PS: If the player joined 5 or more events you can reccomand him for awards like for instance the DoD:S Saint award in the Day of defeat Division. or the CS Event Addict in the cs Division. This will also be nice for the player.

• Lets start recruiting.

The first thing you want to do is to only invite people playing on our servers, or have been playing on our servers.
    When i'm in-game I look at every player that is playing. To see if people are intrested in our servers and in Edge-Gamers and Ofcourse to see if they have fun on our servers.
    A helpfull tool I always use to see if people are regulars is our GameMe page, Why ? Because on their GameMe page you can see their Played sessions.
    This means you can see how often they play and how many hours they have played on our servers, In the chatlog you can check if they have fun, or check if trey misbehave.
    Besides that you can find their unique steamid there, so you can also check if they had a ban or warning in the past.
    You also could use the GameMe Playerslist to find new possible recruits, and add them from there.

So what do I check:
    • Name
    • Nationality
    • Activity

The reasons why I check this is:

• The name must conform to our regulations: No inappropriate or disrespectful names, No drug references in names, No names that advocate or oppose a political figure, political stance, religion or nation.
      I Rarely add people with symbols in their names, This because they will have to change their names to be accepted, And most of the time people with symbols are not willing to do that, So 7/10 it's wasted time..
    • Nationality: The best option is to add people from America, australia, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium and United Kingdom This because with those nationalitys you have the best chance to meet someone speaking proper english instead of having to deal with language barriers.
    • Activity: This speaks for itself, We are trying to find members that will be active in our forums,Teamspeak 3, Servers and Events

They accepted your friends request, What to do next ?

When the player accepted your friends request you just start with a regular converstation.
    Just talking with them a little bit about how they are doing, if they like playing in our servers, if they ever been part of a community, why they like to play in our servers and what they like in our servers.

Note: You want to give your potential recruit a positive feeling talking with you. you should not never threat them like ''just'' a possible recruit.

After you spoke with your possible recruit for a while you can send them the question:

If the player is a regular:I have a question that is perhaps already has been asked to you in the past, I'm sorry if this is the case.
    If the player is new: I have a little question for you, is that ok ?

Question:
    Have you ever Considerd joining the Edge-Gamers community ?
    I think you would be a great addition to our *GAME* Division.
    If you're intrested I could give you some of my personal reasons why I think you should.

After this I put the player under a friendlist tagg named:''Possible Recruit: Asked''
    I suggest you make friendlist taggs to keep everything organized.

PS: You can a friendlist tagg by going to your ''Friendlist'' Than RightClick on their name and click on ''Tag As...''

Stickey: How to make a friendlist tagg Tutorial By ChiliDude96

• They want to see your personal reasons.

If the player want to see reasons why they should join our community I send the following message:

In the Edgegamers Orginization

We host servers in multiple games such as:
    Counterstrike Source, CsGO: Day of Defeat Source, Team Fortress 2, battlefield bc2, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Minecraft and gary's mod

Every game we support has it's own Division, We also support games where we don't own server in. For those games we have Sup-Forums.
    In These games we have still have content like Contestes, Events,Clans and overall Discussions/Teamplay.
    This is for games like: World Of Warcraft, Ark, Amoured Warfare, Cod Bo2, Fallout 4, Gta5, Lol, Rocket Leauge And Starwars Battlefront.

So there always is a division you can join, Within the forums we have this awesome feature where you can win medals within the community.
    You can earn these medals in many ways, They will be placed in your award showcase, So fellow members can see what you have archieved.

As community we try to organise as many events as possible, for this we have our own event coordinators.
    This means we have events in every Division. As example:

In DoD:S we have events like: Competitive teams,Scrims,Realism, Prop Hunt/Hide & Seek or special events in our public servers.
    In TF2 we have events like: Karaoke Night, Sharkhunt, Prophunt, Dogtag Scrimms, Snipernight, and many more.
    In Cs:s and Cs:Go we have events like: Dog Tag Scrim, Jail night, Gun-Game, course night, Casual night and more.
    Also in battlefield an Other games are multiple events, They can all be found on the Community event calendar

Our forums are well visited, We have roughly 80k registered accounts, And almost 2,8 Million Posts !
    People visit our forums because not only because of our gaming contect but also for daily subjects like like Tech,art & graphics,General gaming and entertainment.

• What if they ask what we expect of them ?

If they like to know what we expect from our members I send them the following message:

Let me explain what we expect from our members.
    you start as =(e)= member, This means you are new to eGO and you are finding your way within the community. After a while you will be promoted to =(eG)=.
    To be promoted you simply play on our servers, but it can take quite a long time this way to get promoted to =(eG)=.
    To be promoted you have to get noticed by leadership and fellow Division members.
    In order to do that you could for instance join Events or join us in our teamspeak 3 server while you play in our servers.
    In my oppinion Its fun to be in teamspeak while playing, often great topics and funny responses and responses to the gameplay are sometimes hilarious.
    We organize many events like: competitive teams,scims,realism,euro hour,gungame,snipercontestes or maybe just an event in our public servers.
    another way to get yourself noticed is to post on our forums from time to time.
    Our forum is huge and full of great content besides *Game*, There's always something that appeals to you.
    It's not that you are required to come in Teamspeak every time you play, or post in our forums every day, Just take a look at our events,Teamspeak or forums from time to time.
    If you like that Just join more. I think content like this will help you to remain fun in the games that we support.
    After you got promoted to =(eG)= you will have to follow a Basic Admin school, This means you will be trained by one of our Admin trainers.
    They will learn you how to use and install the admin commands, This means you will receive probationary admin abilitys, after the training you are able to help us maintain our servers.
    When you get promoted to =(eGO)= you follow Advanced admin training.

• What If they say No ?

A player can refuse your invite.
    I always thank them for their time. And I leave the message ''If you ever change your mind or want to take a look at our forum, Go to www.edge-gamers.com and register yourself.

Note: I made a list of People that said no Here.
    You can post the names of people that said no + their steam id in the thread.
    In this way other recruiters have the option to check if player is been asked before. ( By checking the steam ID in the searchbar it will send them to this thread )

• What if the player accept your invite ?

Once they are intrested in joining Edge-Gamers Bring to the players attention that there is a 3 step progress for him to become a official member.

1: Forum Account Registration
    2: MAUL Registration
    3: Application to join

Send the player this link: http://www.edge-gamers.com/join/

You could say to the player that once he finished the application a PSC ( Personal Service Center ) member will revieuw his application.
    Remind the player that he has to register with the exact same name as he used in-game, Also in the application his in-game name must match his forum name !
    How to get maul verifyd Tutorial link:http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=284665

PS: At this time you can also ask them to put your name under reccomanded by since you're the player that made him wanna join.

You support the player if needed and wait untill his application has been revieuwed by a Personal Service Center Member.

• Once Accepted

If the player got accepted you send him a personal message on his steam.
    Like: Congratulations, you are now an offcial member of the Edge-Gamers Community, Your =(e)= tagg wil automaticly add when you are playing on our servers, Please note that the tagg dissapear when not logged on the community website for over a week. Just logging in once will fix that again.

You could choose to send them some stickey links like: Event Schedule, Division Forum, GameMe page or our serverslist.
    GameMe Page: People often don't know there are server profiles like this.

PS: Always invite your recruit to our main Steamgroup and Division Steamgroup.
    After that I add the Player the Friendlist DivisionTagg.

If you want to get deeper into recruiting, and want to make multiple recruits. I recommand you to make mulitple friendtags.
    For example: Standard Friend Tag, eGO Members tag, Recruits tag, Promoted Recuit tag (eG and eGO ), A tagg for people thinking about your inivte. Asked but no respond yet, Event joined Recruits and Teamspeak joined Recruits.
    The most important thing is especially if you recuiting multidivisional Is to keep your stuff organized.

Important Note: After being accepted your recruit will receive an inventation to the NME Programm,They can either accept this or refuse this, I reccomand you suggest your recruit to join the NME program. The members of the NME ( New Member Experience program ) will follow-up with your recuit.
    However, never lose your recruit out of sight, Have a converstations on a regular basis, invite your recruit to events, Help them to get their admin class once promoted to eG, and if you're not able to do that ask fellow members to help you out.
    Help your recuit in teamspeak, and encourage them to post in our forums. an active recruit starts with you. Help your recruit, he must get the feeling that he is accepted that he is part of the Edge-Gamers Family

I Hope this thread would be helpfull for some of you.
    And sorry for my Bad Grammar !

Thanks To ChiliDude96 for your Friendstag tutorial.

-HardcoreLegend
    Last edited by Energized; 05-21-2016 at 12:49 PM.
    Multi-Divisional Recruiter
    Day Of Defeat / Counterstrike-Source / Counterstrike:Go / Team Fortress 2

Day Of Defeat Source/Personnel Service Member Recruitment Coordinator / NME Representative.
    Need help with recruiting ? Click Here.

Feel Free to message me in steam if you need help with anything.
    Or click Here to message me.

Counterstrike source/Counterstrike:Go Information Center Here.
    Day of Defeat Information Center Here.

The Dutch Edge-Gamers Marksman.

this looks like it belongs in the recruiting forums, but gj

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobot View Post
    this looks like it belongs in the recruiting forums, but gj
    If you readed the post , have you read that i have posted this in the recuitment forum , but not every member is able to get within that forum part, cause they first have to request acces,

ps: this post is also within the recuitment forum already

-Hardcorelegend

Day Of Defeat Source/Personnel Service Member Recruitment Coordinator / NME Representative.

Nationality: This because i only choose people from America , Austria , Canada , The Netherlands and United Kingdom can speak proper english , Some of the other Nationality's are Hard to recuit because of the Language Barrier

I think you meant Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

I think you meant Australia.
    Austria also , but i indeed forgot australia , Thankyou !

Good Thread.

See also for those interested in recruiting:

My picture tutorial on how to tag people in your friends list:http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/sh...hlight=recruit

BCA's How to Recruit 101: http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/sh...hlight=recruit
    =(eGO)= Blue Stealth {R}: im a landshark

=(eGO)= Dutchoper72: wheres da chili at
    =(e)= chili dude96:what???
    =(eGO)= Dutchoper72:i hungry
    =(e)= chili dude96:oh im sorry i reserve the "hot and spicy" chili for the ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by chili dude96 View Post
    Good Thread.

See also for those interested in recruiting:

My picture tutorial on how to tag people in your friends list:http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/sh...hlight=recruit

BCA's How to Recruit 101: http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/sh...hlight=recruit

When i get back home , i will add your friend tagg tutorial within the post !

Thankyou !

:o How discriminating, you forget Belgium and the scandavian countries, our english is better then austrians...

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast