User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    'Press R 2 Win' - Soraka
    Fixed

Some of this info I need to double check to be sure because I don't play as much anymore (tired of playing solo matches)

Here's pretty much the bare minimum ward placement to keep all 3 lanes safe from ganks at all times pretty much (except top lane, if they have money can ward the lane bush like bot, number 5)

Purple Lane

1 - Not in tri bush because you will need one for the river as well
    Not in the bush to the left because they can sneak into tri from the river
    This placement gives a earlier warning and covers both areas

2 - Not on the ramp because they can sneak into mid
    Not in the bush below it because you lose vision before you can be 100%
    certain where they're going

3 - Covers your vision of their ramp and if they're going to mid or dragon

4 - Same concept as 1 (ProTip: Not sure where to eyeball the ward?
    Lilypads <3)

5 - Although ward 4 stop ganks coming from tribush and river your support
    should ward here incase they push up so their jungler can run into the
    bushes when you can't see it (Top should consider this if the lane is back &
    forth

Blue Lane

Differences from purple lane:

bot lane bush ward placement is on the other side for obvious reasons

Remember this is just the bare minimum in a "best scenario" normally ward 2 and 3 wont be there and i've seen sometimes even 1 isn't there. all of this will depend on your ELO or w/e they feel like calling it now.

I can link more good spots to ward later if you guys want as I do see people warding random places in the jungle that make no sense quite often.

Getting too grumpy in my typing to go on, time for sleep!

THANK YOU for pointing out I missed ward placement for Laning. It also reminds me of wards for the Jungle

Like I pointed out: Ganking from river is pretty much only when they're pushed up a bit. Even if you don't get a successful gank off because it is warded, you at least backed the enemy off from cs.

Example of why you should have tri warded: You are playing bottom lane on purple side and you're pushing to blue tower. You don't have tri warded and you've already used flash from a prior engagement. This makes an easy gank for blue team from tri as you won't have any idea a gank is coming and you're so far forward someone such as Maokai can root you (lock up, prevent from moving) then a stun/slow follows if support has exhaust or a stun ability and if their ADC kills all the minions fast enough you are now taking turret shots as well. You won't make it far (unless you're lucky) trying to run unless your support has some type of stun after the enemy team burns all their slowing/rooting abilities. Is all your effort pushing a tower (and not destroying it) then getting killed worth it just because you didn't spend 75g on a ward? I know it sounded like I said 75g is nothing but 1 unplaced ward can get you killed.

Ward 1) Placed perfectly for Top

Wards 2 & 3) These do absolutely nothing except gain vision of the jungler (or Top/Bot if they're ganking) for 2 seconds if that. Putting the wards inside the middle bush are far better as you can then see the jungler and poke at them if possible. These wards won't show if they're going to do Dragon because Bottom won't come from Mid to Dragon they'll come from Bottom... If the jungler goes by it then what's new? He could be trying to gank you or he could be going for your Wraiths as usual. Too many possibilities so this ward is useless.
    As far as this ward to tell if they're going to do Dragon that's a joke no offense. It doesn't have vision of Dragon and you should already know if they're doing Dragon because A) you have it warded B) a team shouldn't be going for Dragon unless Mid has gone back to base, Bottom has gone back to base or if either of them is dead making it a 4v3 at Dragon possibly less.

Ward 4) Also known as river ward, needs to be placed up further to have vision of Dragon AND vision of Blue buff ramp. Since you'll have tri warded anyways this ward DOES NOT prevent ganks coming from tri it only helps prevent ganks coming from river. **I explain further down the post**

Ward 5) This ward isn't necessary but is more of a "I see you" type thing. Imo it's a waste of 75g IF you're not being harassed by that Support. You should be aware that their Support is chilling in the bush so your ADC should position themselves away from the bush by going on the other side of the minions thus making their Support sitting there pointless. Ward 4 would prevent an uninvited gank not possible so sitting on river side behind minions is safe.

2 reasons why tri ward is needed:
    1) It prevents successful lane ganks. If their jungle knows you have river warded and you're pushed back a little they could easily come in from tri and then go into the bottom bushes without you noticing.
    2) It prevents successful ganks if you're pushing tower. You're purple side pushing blue tower. A gank from tri by blue jungler coming from their jungle is inevitable if their jungle knows what they're doing. If the jungle comes from tri and mid comes from river and they both have cc you're screwed GG. What did we learn? Next time ward tri!

Of course everyone has their opinions on wards but this is what I have learned from Gold/Plat friends
    Last edited by Mack702; 05-18-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack702 View Post
    Example of why you should have tri warded: You are playing bottom lane on purple side and you're pushing to blue tower. You don't have tri warded and you've already used flash from a prior engagement. This makes an easy gank for blue team from tri as you won't have any idea a gank is coming and you're so far forward someone such as Maokai can root you (lock up, prevent from moving) then a stun/slow follows if support has exhaust or a stun ability and if their ADC kills all the minions fast enough you are now taking turret shots as well. You won't make it far (unless you're lucky) trying to run unless your support has some type of stun after the enemy team burns all their slowing/rooting abilities. Is all your effort pushing a tower (and not destroying it) then getting killed worth it just because you didn't spend 75g on a ward? I know it sounded like I said 75g is nothing but 1 unplaced ward can get you killed.

Wards 2 & 3) These do absolutely nothing except gain vision of the jungler (or Top/Bot if they're ganking) for 2 seconds if that. Putting the wards inside the middle bush are far better as you can then see the jungler and poke at them if possible. These wards won't show if they're going to do Dragon because Bottom won't come from Mid to Dragon they'll come from Bottom... If the jungler goes by it then what's new? He could be trying to gank you or he could be going for your Wraiths as usual. Too many possibilities so this ward is useless.
    As far as this ward to tell if they're going to do Dragon that's a joke no offense. It doesn't have vision of Dragon and you should already know if they're doing Dragon because A) you have it warded B) a team shouldn't be going for Dragon unless Mid has gone back to base, Bottom has gone back to base or if either of them is dead making it a 4v3 at Dragon possibly less.

Ward 4) Also known as river ward, needs to be placed up further to have vision of Dragon AND vision of Blue buff ramp. Since you'll have tri warded anyways this ward DOES NOT prevent ganks coming from tri it only helps prevent ganks coming from river. **I explain further down the post**

Ward 5) This ward isn't necessary but is more of a "I see you" type thing. Imo it's a waste of 75g IF you're not being harassed by that Support. You should be aware that their Support is chilling in the bush so your ADC should position themselves away from the bush by going on the other side of the minions thus making their Support sitting there pointless. Ward 4 would prevent an uninvited gank not possible so sitting on river side behind minions is safe.

2 reasons why tri ward is needed:
    1) It prevents successful lane ganks. If their jungle knows you have river warded and you're pushed back a little they could easily come in from tri and then go into the bottom bushes without you noticing.
    2) It prevents successful ganks if you're pushing tower. You're purple side pushing blue tower. A gank from tri by blue jungler coming from their jungle is inevitable if their jungle knows what they're doing. If the jungle comes from tri and mid comes from river and they both have cc you're screwed GG. What did we learn? Next time ward tri!

Of course everyone has their opinions on wards but this is what I have learned from Gold/Plat friends
    I'm not going to turn this into an argument. If I did it would have to be with your friends not yourself. I don't intend to try to help out in the future anymore. Please don't trample over anybody else that comes here only to help.

P.S. saying "no offense" in its self is insulting because by saying that you are acknowledging that you KNOW that what you're saying is going to cause offense and you're writing it anyways. I stopped reading this at the end of that line. Have a good day.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Bernkastel View Post
    I'm not going to turn this into an argument. If I did it would have to be with your friends not yourself. I don't intend to try to help out in the future anymore. Please don't trample over anybody else that comes here only to help.

P.S. saying "no offense" in its self is insulting because by saying that you are acknowledging that you KNOW that what you're saying is going to cause offense and you're writing it anyways. I stopped reading this at the end of that line. Have a good day.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
    I'm sorry you got emotional over this. My intention wasn't to trample over anyone I'm sorry it came across that way.

Explaining things thru forums is tricky as 2 sides take it/read it different ways such as this instance.

I was explaining why tri ward is needed with examples. You'd know that if you had read the entire thing....

Saying "no offense" doesn't mean I am actually making it to take offense that's just idiotic. By saying "no offense" it means NOT to take it as a personal attack.

For you to upright say that I meant to offend you shows you didn't sit back, relax, read and then think about it. Instead you rushed thru it, didn't read the entire thing and then came back with personal attacks on me and my friends because you got so worked up and emotional about it, not cool.

SUGGESTION: Maybe sleep before you post so you're not so grumpy as you pointed out?

That link reminds me of this: [ame]http://vimeo.com/61566250[/ame]

No offense aka Don't take it personal.
    Last edited by Mack702; 05-19-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2