User Tag List

Default Queuing up based on roles

Queuing up based on roles. Sounds like the perfect solution to solo queue's problem with supporting. However, it isn't considering a) the queue time would be enormously long, b) people will select random roles to get it faster and then troll. Okay, so let's discuss what could be better. Someone on reddit suggested that there should be a traditional queue and new queue based on roles. It would solve part of the problem. Let me know what you think. Also does anyone know whether or not this is actually being added (to some degree at all?) because I heard it will.

ive never heard anything like that but if it does go through it would be easier since i play support alot

The elvish translates to "Not all who wander are lost."

Neither have I. I've never such a thing before haha

So basically separate queue options if you want to play mid, top, adc, ect.? While that could work, you would still get people who troll. For example, let's say someone wants to play Akali top, but the mid picks Akali first. Now your top is angry and they troll. So regardless, you can't get around trolling/stupid people :/

Sorry =/ but riot would never implement somthing like this becuase that would mean there tieing the community down to 1 meta what if in 2 years there is a brand new meta? like an ap mid and ap top and no more jungling just roaming??? Riot does not want one meta they want endless possibilities for strategys

Here is my simple equation:

Riot + Phreak + Worst Community Ever = Needing lots of changes

It could happen, but it needs more thought Bryan.

Blizzard devs for WoW fixed this by:
    Your class and mastery trees decided what roles you could be, you chose one of the roles then the que system finds people looking for that role.
    Riot devs in LoL:
    A) Could be too lazy to go thru each champ and think what roles are viable
    B) If they did this it would have to be across all game modes not just Ranked
    C) Worried of losing people because they would be taking away the "freedom of play" and the less players you have the less $$ you could possibly be bringing in

The problem in WoW then pushed to LoL:
    - A player who would rather DPS, such as Paladin, ques up as tank just to get into a dungeon faster because tanks and healers are hard to find....... Exact same problem in LoL.....
    - The que times for DPS was like 20-30 minutes...... A 20-30 min que in LoL is like 1/2 a game maybe even the game if 20 min surrender or if a team is completely outplayed

I think Riot should try this in PBE to see if it actually works and to get feedback if people like it but th problem is A) only 36% actually give feedback and glitches and B) It only involves a handful of people not the entire community
    There would be no way of testing this to see if people like it unless Riot were to open another server for each server (NA/EU/??) and a signup like you do now for normal play and it'd have to be open for all and not like PBE. But let's face it, Riot will NEVER do this.

It will never happen, people don't seem to understand this but just look at it straight forward. Well look at it from all angles like I just did. Hell, I probably missed some angles but the angles I looked at prove it will never work and/or Riot won't allow it to work.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spathika View Post
    Here is my simple equation:

Riot + Phreak + Worst Community Ever = Needing lots of changes

It could happen, but it needs more thought Bryan.
    I agree. I'm not taking sides, just want to see your opinions.

and yes, it does limit us to 1 meta, as mentioned above.

Thought about this a while ago but then I played wow and realized why I wouldn't like it. Queue times would be a lot longer and unlike wow there isn't anything to do while you wait for for it. When I log into league I want to play right away and not wait 5 to 10 minutes because I prefer to play another role then support. That's just my opinion on it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray- View Post
    Thought about this a while ago but then I played wow and realized why I wouldn't like it. Queue times would be a lot longer and unlike wow there isn't anything to do while you wait for for it. When I log into league I want to play right away and not wait 5 to 10 minutes because I prefer to play another role then support. That's just my opinion on it though.
    ^ Same thoughts here
    GO PACK GO!
    Old school eGO dude.