User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Well what is your gameplay style? I own 87% of the roster I can probably give you some ideas who you might like to use.
    Edit: Bought that many champs with IP suckers, rockin the free to play! ...I have spent over a hundred dollars on skins.

I've done my best with Olaf and Volibear. I want to play heroes like Shyvana, Galio, Pantheon. I like the melee guys right now.

Still learning with all of them though. Looks like the beginner's luck is over lol.
    Stumped the VG Screenshot Thread on 12/02/2008 (Only person to do so when it was active)

Retired. Thanks for a great 7 years.

Looks kind of like your doing the bruisers. Olaf is a really solid character and will carry you on to level 30 very well, never forsake him. Voli has his moments too, shyv is a strong jungler at high level play as well.

Other guys to look into if you like just tank n' spank bruisers. Renekton is a very powerful solo top but beware the temptation to build him AD. He scales ridiculously well but he gets focused a lot so its worth making him more tank focused. Jax might be good too but a lil advanced as you have to balance between his tankiness and hybrid damage. Fortunately his ult makes him tanky with just building damage, and he is cruel. Beware though, his strength comes from his powerful scaling with items, if you have a bad laning you could be set back pretty hard.

Also: Darius. Darius doesn't need items, he will destroy your enemies one by one regardless. His early and midgame shines and is terror to your enemies. Beware though, he is almost always focused and ganked a lot. He is good if you wanna win in under 30 minutes, if the game drags on too long he doesn't scale as well as some other champs and will start to fall behind as they get tanky enough to withstand him.

You should practice jungling and solo top laning as that seems to be the sort your enjoying playing. Other good characters for that style: Garen, Yorick, Malphite (<- enjoy him while you can he is always banned at level 30 play), and thats all I got off the top of my head but since most of those are 6300 that'll last ya.

I'm sure someone else will pitch some more formed ideas below me at some point since I'm typing while sleepy and not sure how much sense this all made cuz screw proof reading.

Thanks Keith, I really appreciate it!

Couple things (my noobness will really show): When you say "build him AD" what does that mean? I'm guessing Attack Damage?

Lastly, what do you do when you're in a game and you feel like you're not keeping up. IE your opponents and your team mates get a few levels ahead of you, you're not getting money and you need to catch up quick. Is that a time to start jungling like crazy? It has happened a few times in past games and it's one of those where I am trying to figure out the best way to catch up and get back in the game.

That's all I got for now. Maybe I should meet you in Vent sometime for a looooong talk lol.
    Stumped the VG Screenshot Thread on 12/02/2008 (Only person to do so when it was active)

AD = Attack Damage
    AP = Ability power

If you find yourself falling behind a bit, you can either jungle (if you dont have a jungler) or look for some opportunities to free farm. Like then they have 3+ top lane, head to bot and start farming up while you can. Dosent hurt to ward for potential ganks.

By the way, I added you.

Add meh on steam :CLICKEH:
    They're coming outta the walls!

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire'd View Post
    Thanks Keith, I really appreciate it!

Couple things (my noobness will really show): When you say "build him AD" what does that mean? I'm guessing Attack Damage?

Lastly, what do you do when you're in a game and you feel like you're not keeping up. IE your opponents and your team mates get a few levels ahead of you, you're not getting money and you need to catch up quick. Is that a time to start jungling like crazy? It has happened a few times in past games and it's one of those where I am trying to figure out the best way to catch up and get back in the game.

That's all I got for now. Maybe I should meet you in Vent sometime for a looooong talk lol.

If I'm on vent I'm on the planetside 2 channel but you can always try to grab me on skype (keith.manticore) if you want some pointers. I can run you through some training stuff, I actually run a small boot camp to help some newer players lately cuz I keep meeting a bunch of new people.

Though yeah sorry forgot about the AD thing lol. However, if your falling behind depends where in the game you are. At Summoner level 10 I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest answer is to just farm minions in a lane. A lot of new people don't understand the importance of farming those little guys, every...15 or so? is worth as much as killing a champion. That's why AP mids usually just clear the entire minion wave with AoE abilities instead of trying to kill each other lately, there is just more gold to be had from minions. Killing another champ is essentially just to prevent them from getting some minions themselves.

Though you can always start roaming the jungle if the game has gone on kind of late and there are no safe places to last hit minions.

By the way if you are not familiar with the concept of last hitting, during laning you do not attack minions except for the very last hit of their health. This ensures you get the gold for killing them and prevents you from killing their wave too fast and over extending the lane. Over extended lane means you have more space to cover to get to the safety of your turret and they are safely right outside their own, optimally you always would want your lane pushed to right outside your turret's range.

But yeah come look me up on skype if you want tips/ideas/practice/someone to bounce ideas off of.

Thanks Ragman and Keith. Yes I do know last hitting for gold, over extending, pushing, carry, feeding, nuking, ganking. I'm probably past basic explanation stuff, learning the finer points. I'm even starting to take sacrifice hits for retreating team mates if needed.

I farm minions whenever I can. Like you said that's the best way to keep leveling and making money.

I actually had it happen last night where my early game was somewhat slow, so I had to look to the jungle and look for opportunities to find minions when their champs weren't around. I ended up going 8-6-3. I was going to try out Malphite but a team mate beat me to him, Olaf it was. Not my best game but the team was real friendly, came together and pushed mid, winning a game we thought we were going to lose. After a couple games with overly vocal (and terrible) team mates it was a welcome change.

Pantheon = Critical Strike + AP? I've always liked him I've never found a good build for him.

Pantheon is just flat AD. One way (and effective) to build him is to get his boots and a b.f. sword. Now buy another b.f sword. then another. Just have 3 bf swords in your inventory and don't bother to upgrade them. Slap on some life steal (maybe turn one into a bloodthirster) and grab some other items for durability (health, armor, mr etc.)

usually in the early laning you'll want a brutalizer as its cheap and does a lot for your attacks. Pantheon is based around pure AD damage casting and even though he has a strong critical ability in his E thats just a bonus and don't really bother building around that. Pantheon just needs a high flat AD as he's an AD caster in a way, his abilities scale on AD instead of AP.

Also if built AP your ult+stun will be really funny...just not technically efficient.

That makes sense. Look at his starting stats and roll with his strengths. I might have to play him again....TONIGHT! If I have time lol.

EDIT: Nope not tonight. Soon.
    Last edited by Spitfire'd; 11-21-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: EDIT

Always pay attention to the playstyle and the scalings they have. If you spend almost all your damage by hitting with abilities, then your going to want AD/AP. Auto attacking is Speed/crits galore, and running around like a maniac to attract attention would be durability.

Just wait till you've played so many games you get bored and need to try to spice things up and try insane build that just somehow work from time to time. In my days I have done or seen the following done by one of my friends (and yes, its ALWAYS him or me, no one else in our group is this stupid)

AP shen - surprisingly effective actually
    AD kassadin
    Tank/AP Teemo (Also known as, Mad Bomber Teemo, he runs around during teamfights being a big target while planting mushrooms)
    AP Udyr - plain stupid
    AP Pantheon
    AP Gangplank
    Attack Speed/AP Cho'Gath

Ya know I'll stop here. Lets just say I've seen a lot of really silly builds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast