User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should we disable no-crits & no-spread on VM for Quickplay?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 55.81%
  • No

19 44.19%
Page 1 of 32 111 ... LastLast

Exclamation Valve Maps's Progress Thread

Graph of Server's Rank

Posted on 1/30/12
    Ladies and gentlemen, I am posting this to inform everyone that Valve Maps' ranking has dropped significantly in the last week.

At the time of this post, Valve Maps is ranked at 1040. Exactly a week ago, the server was ranked at 867. A few days before that, it had been at 822. This may not seem like a big deal to some, but we can't let the rank keep dropping like this.

I know we have lost several key members/VM supporters. And I know many of us are busy with school and jobs. But we can't give up! Many people showed up for the Valve Maps meeting held on Jan 1st. Many of us said we will support the server. And that's what we must do!

Another thread was made discussing ideas on how to keep our servers active. Hopefully, these ideas will be presented during the meeting and can help Valve Maps. In the meantime, please idle and play on the server whenever possible.

We worked hard to get Valve Maps back. We can't let it go down! Valve Maps forever!

Helpful Links
    Valve Maps: List of Maps & Stats
    Idling Tips
    GameTracker: Valve Maps' Rank & Stats
    Valve Maps IP Address: Click to Connect
    gameMe: Valve Maps

How you can help
    - Check our VM server before playing another game; if empty, help jump-start!
    - Get at least 8 people on the server; this will activate Quick Play
    - Idle during the night (not as necessary; this can be more helpful for DustBowl)
    - Have fun on VM!

How many are on VM right now?

EDIT: 2/8/12
    Quick Play has been added to our servers! (No-crits & no-spread have been disabled.)

EDIT: 2/14/12
    Quick Play seems to be working its magic. The server has been filling up faster and staying filled longer than before. Rank has risen up by about 200 ranks since Quick Play was added. Idling is not as necessary as before, but instead, a small group of active players are need to jump-start the server.

EDIT: 2/20/12
    The ranking is back in the triple digits at 994! YES!

EDIT: 2/27/12
    We broke into the 800s! We are at 884! 110 ranks in one week! :D

EDIT: 3/15/12
    Despite the decline we suffered through, we finally reached our highest peak of 822!

EDIT: 3/16/12
    A new record! We have reached the 700s with 777! :D

EDIT: 3/19/12
    The ranking is now in the 600s with 678! WOO!

EDIT: 3/22/12
    Valve Maps has reached the 500s with 598!

EDIT: 4/8/12
    We have reached the 400s with 476! WOOT!

EDIT: 4/26/12
    Valve Maps is in the 300s with 390! Awesome job, everyone!

EDIT: 7/29/12
    After many rises and falls, Valve Maps has made it in the 200s with 291! FINALLY!

EDIT: 8/7/12
    YES! The servers is now in the 100s with 194! :D
    Last edited by Kazoo; 08-08-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Progress!
    But you didn't have to cut me off
    Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
    And I don't even need your love
    But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough

Now I'm just somebody that you used to know

Also, I have added a poll on the subject of Quickplay. To use Quickplay, we need to disable no-crits and no-spread, which are features Valve Maps currently have.

Due to Valve Maps' rank, I feel that we may want to reconsider and have Quickplay instead. Quickplay will help drive traffic to Valve Maps, and this may help keep the server from emptying so much.

Please vote in the poll, so that I may know how the division feels about this.
    Last edited by Kazoo; 01-30-2012 at 08:05 PM.

I believe Quickplay is already on there even with no crits and no spread. Spidey made a plugin so that it could work together.

Bring back the crockets!
    Quote Originally Posted by Idol View Post
    Pfftt...you camp the main spawn exit. That's shooting fish in a barrel. People have no idea you are there until they get gibbified. The alt spawn has two exits so at least there they would have a 50/50 chance. Nope, you pick the main spawn with one exit. Your way is like taking candy from a baby after you gave said baby some knockout drops.
    I game on eGO servers as Idol, but I advise/spawn camp on eGO servers as SnowCanary.
    I hope you're not suggesting I consider the consequences of my actions before I ban. What kind of admin would I be if I did that?

Quote Originally Posted by Caelestis View Post
    If you knew nothing else about SnowCanary, the one thing that should have been apparent is his respect for Razor1, the original master of kicking ass.

I say no because there are a lot of people out there who love competitive game play

Quote Originally Posted by Activate View Post
    I believe Quickplay is already on there even with no crits and no spread. Spidey made a plugin so that it could work together.
    Really? If that's the case, I suppose my poll is invalid.

I'll send a message to Spidey for confirmation, just to be sure.

Servers are dropping because school started up again...at least thats my reason why i'm seldom on.

It's either crits or Mr.OneShot for Valve Maps; can't have both.

it's nice that you put our conversation in there, but please keep in mind that what i said about foundry may not be true now. by now, most people have gotten achievements on Foundry, Foundry can still be changed at any time. our Foundry server is running only on the fact that the map is amazing as of now.

Still though, Valve Maps needs more supporters.

We've been doing so well with our rankings, what happened guys? There used to be 16 people idling in Valve Maps 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by GozGallz View Post
    it's nice that you put our conversation in there, but please keep in mind that what i said about foundry may not be true now. by now, most people have gotten achievements on Foundry, Foundry can still be changed at any time. our Foundry server is running only on the fact that the map is amazing as of now.

Still though, Valve Maps needs more supporters.

We've been doing so well with our rankings, what happened guys? There used to be 16 people idling in Valve Maps 24/7.
    About Foundry: Very true, and I was actually thinking that just a few moments ago. Foundry can use some help as well.

About the Idling: I'm not sure. But please, feel free to join us in the idling.
    Last edited by Kazoo; 01-30-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 32 111 ... LastLast