Results 1 to 10 of 14
11-26-2011, 11:16 PM #1
Cant get my SWTOR Launcher to launchIf you are tired of seeing this add, register on our forums.
The game was working fine earlier today. Now when i go to launch it, the launcher doesn't come up. I've checked my task manager (processes) and when ever i click on the launcher i notice a notepad.exe is launched. How do i fix this?
I have tried restarting my PC. Running a registry cleaner. Re-downloading the launcher. None of those worked. Note that notepad doesn't actually come up, it only shows in the processes.
When i navigate to - program files-Electronics Arts- Bioware- SWTOR- launcher.exe.update. I see a launcher there. But when i click on it, it tries to download the whole game again. It says "Downloading English Video 1- 1.66 GB"
11-26-2011, 11:53 PM #2
I'm having trouble as well. Game is downloaded and I'm all set up, but the "Start" button is grey'd out. I sent in a support ticket. It has to be a problem on their end.
I will update when I get a response.
11-27-2011, 12:53 AM #3
Hmmmm. Can someone fill me in on whats SWTOR? lol i might be able to help but idk what it is
11-27-2011, 02:59 AM #4
11-27-2011, 03:24 AM #5
11-27-2011, 04:05 AM #6
11-27-2011, 04:29 AM #7
11-27-2011, 07:25 AM #8
This is how i fixed it.
1. I re-downloaded the launcher.
2. I navigated to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
3. I deleted any files that looked like this launcher_0 ( i had 55 of these), patcher.version, launcher settings, launcher.exe
4. reinstalled the launcher i downloaded. The launcher came up and i was ready to play.
11-27-2011, 08:27 AM #9
11-27-2011, 11:55 AM #10
Check these before you submit a ticket to SWTOR. They will ask you very similar questions.
1. Are you participating in beta?
2. Is the servers down for maintenance? (they go down a lot)
3. Did you follow their new "security" protocol in changing your PW and setting up questions?
4. Check your SW account on their site to see if there are any discrepancies with your account.
5. When in doubt, re-install