User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cant get my SWTOR Launcher to launch

If you are tired of seeing this add, register on our forums.
    The game was working fine earlier today. Now when i go to launch it, the launcher doesn't come up. I've checked my task manager (processes) and when ever i click on the launcher i notice a notepad.exe is launched. How do i fix this?

I have tried restarting my PC. Running a registry cleaner. Re-downloading the launcher. None of those worked. Note that notepad doesn't actually come up, it only shows in the processes.

When i navigate to - program files-Electronics Arts- Bioware- SWTOR- launcher.exe.update. I see a launcher there. But when i click on it, it tries to download the whole game again. It says "Downloading English Video 1- 1.66 GB"

I'm having trouble as well. Game is downloaded and I'm all set up, but the "Start" button is grey'd out. I sent in a support ticket. It has to be a problem on their end.

I will update when I get a response.

Hmmmm. Can someone fill me in on whats SWTOR? lol i might be able to help but idk what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Cloakedsphere View Post
    Hmmmm. Can someone fill me in on whats SWTOR? lol i might be able to help but idk what it is
    /facepalm

Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you're not participating in the Beta, I'd doubt you can help.

Plus, Epic Fail needs to post again because he mentioned in vent to Medviah and I that he was able to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipeye View Post
    /facepalm

Star Wars: The Old Republic. If you're not participating in the Beta, I'd doubt you can help.

Plus, Epic Fail needs to post again because he mentioned in vent to Medviah and I that he was able to fix it.
    Whoa bro chill. Im sorta new PC games and beta. I only recently got into gaming about 8 months ago when i built my pc. Chillax. Plus i dont play star wars. Sorry.

Not really on topic per se, but I wanna say it. After resetting my password 3 times and setting up my security questions, I finally was able to setup to beta test today. Unfortunately I have to redownload it I think >_>

ಠ_ಠ
    ლ(◕_◕ლ)

This is how i fixed it.

1. I re-downloaded the launcher.
    2. I navigated to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    3. I deleted any files that looked like this launcher_0 ( i had 55 of these), patcher.version, launcher settings, launcher.exe
    4. reinstalled the launcher i downloaded. The launcher came up and i was ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by !EpIc fAiL! View Post
    This is how i fixed it.

1. I re-downloaded the launcher.
    2. I navigated to Crogram FilesElectronic ArtsBioWareStar Wars - The Old Republic
    3. I deleted any files that looked like this launcher_0 ( i had 55 of these), patcher.version, launcher settings, launcher.exe
    4. reinstalled the launcher i downloaded. The launcher came up and i was ready to play.
    lol i think i have the same problem now >_> I'll try that and see if it works

Edit: Nope didn't change a thing
    Last edited by IDigitalDeadI; 11-27-2011 at 08:33 AM.

ಠ_ಠ
    ლ(◕_◕ლ)

Check these before you submit a ticket to SWTOR. They will ask you very similar questions.

1. Are you participating in beta?
    2. Is the servers down for maintenance? (they go down a lot)
    3. Did you follow their new "security" protocol in changing your PW and setting up questions?
    4. Check your SW account on their site to see if there are any discrepancies with your account.
    5. When in doubt, re-install
    fps (f.p.s.) abbr., 1. first person scouter | [Ѻ] iScѺut ■ Follow me on TWITTER

■ Have an admin related question? ask in our Q & APM me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast