User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4

First off, support can be built pure AP. See: Soraka.

Secondly, Zilean and Morgana ARE support champions.

Thirdly, Orianna is a more difficult Lux with occasional higher payoff. They both edge the line between nuker and support.

She has an aoe Slow/Haste. Lux has an aoe slow. She has a single target shield with a armor/mr buff, Lux has an aoe shield. Their crowd control and damage abilities lie on their Q/Rs.

Orianna is fine right now. She may need a few minor usability buffs. A bit extra speed on her Q, a bit more range on the Q. That's it.

So far I find an effective build aims for sustainability and maxing her cooldown reduction. Her AP ratios are a bit low but combined are rather good, so Deathcap is good to rush regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post

Thirdly, Orianna is a more difficult Lux with occasional higher payoff. They both edge the line between nuker and support.

She has an aoe Slow/Haste. Lux has an aoe slow. She has a single target shield with a armor/mr buff, Lux has an aoe shield. Their crowd control and damage abilities lie on their Q/Rs.

Orianna is fine right now. She may need a few minor usability buffs. A bit extra speed on her Q, a bit more range on the Q. That's it.

So far I find an effective build aims for sustainability and maxing her cooldown reduction. Her AP ratios are a bit low but combined are rather good, so Deathcap is good to rush regardless.
    How would Morello's Evil Tome favor on Orianna? It's got AP/M-regen/CDR
    all packaged in one item.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post

I have to agree with everything you just said except I still think she needs a little buff. Nothing major, but reducing mana cost of her abilities early game or something.

She's still a little too squishy in my opinion though..
    Last edited by Jashadow; 06-03-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Interested in my LoL builds?
    Here's my Mobafire account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Game View Post
    How would Morello's Evil Tome favor on Orianna? It's got AP/M-regen/CDR
    all packaged in one item.
    Key item imo. With just 9/0/21 masteries, flat CDR blues it puts you almost at the cap. This lets you build Sorc Shoes or Merc Treads. Alternatively you can use different blues and go cooldown boots. With flash and ghost she can keep her distance (autoattacking isn't worth it unless you are winning a fight hard.

An ideal build would look something like:

Boots + 3 health potions
    Philo Stone
    Philo Stone
    Upgrade boots
    Evil Tome
    Deathcap
    Rylai's

Sell or upgrade philo stones for situational defensive items. Things like GA and Force of Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by fathobo View Post
    I'll just say this. She is just about the most even champion Riot has made. She might need a few changes, and survivability is not one that's for sure.

First off, Riot has no idea what it is talking about, just because a champion can give another champion a shield does not make her support. Morgana can give someone a shield that reflects CC abilities but that doesn't it make her support does it, Zilean can speed up a character to run faster or revive another champion but that doesn't make him a support does it?

Also, why in the world are you playing her as a support? The amount of damage she does face rolls people and playing her as a support is a waste of your time and your whole team. Her AP damage is amazing and I don't know how By the way, she can 1v1 like a boss, cause of her early harass (if you didn't see Phreak in the champion spotlight I don't know what you saw). You can get a serious amount of kills if you harass early game and she can take some damage, if you play smart and buy your health pots and wards you should be fine.

Lava, there is no #1 support out there, there are actually quite a few that are beneficial to a team. Each character is good for a specific purpose. Sure Soraka and Janna are the common ones said but so is Taric if you didn't see the WCG tourney. Other boss supports can be Sona, Taric, Kayle.

Before I end this I would like to ask a question, do you watch streams?
    If you said yes, then you should know by now that the best players in the game HotShotGG and BigFatGG are playing Orianna and face rolling kids by going AP and not support, and these are top tier ranked players, who both are going to DreamHack. You can learn a lot by just watching how top tier people play and if you say you win all your matches and think you don't have to watch streams to become a stronger player, then I don't know what to say.

EVE IS A PRO SUPPORT.
    So you brought Solo Que and Team 5 v 5 into this? Lol, those have 2 different play styles. We saw CLG get wrecked in the tournament because they didn't play any 5 v 5's before hand. They barley made it out after getting serious and getting practice from inside the tournament itself.

And as far as iv known, Morgana has been a support. She is put into team comps as support, not the AP carry.

As for watching streams, i do occasionally, but to become better? No. It's not a requirement. Are they there because they watched existent streams when they weren't on the top?

Edit - And i was the one arguing that she was fine. Did you even read the entire argument?
    Last edited by Lava; 06-03-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fathobo View Post
    I'll just say this. She is just about the most even champion Riot has made. She might need a few changes, and survivability is not one that's for sure.

First off, Riot has no idea what it is talking about, just because a champion can give another champion a shield does not make her support. Morgana can give someone a shield that reflects CC abilities but that doesn't it make her support does it, Zilean can speed up a character to run faster or revive another champion but that doesn't make him a support does it?
    wat

also, yes, those abilities do make them support. Does that mean you can't build them AP? No. Maokai is listed as a tank, but I often build him AP - just because there are certain tags doesn't mean you can't play a champion differently.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4