User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jashadow View Post
    She's not useless, I will admit to that, yet when an eve can tower dive me with full hp at level 9, kill me, and walk off, I think she IS too squishy. These aren't mistakes I make. I play the game with careful thinking and always keeping multiple options. Soraka has 2 heals, a silence, and is able to survive a lot more than Orianna. Janna herself is faster, has a slow, a knockup, and a shield. Orianna has a shield if she puts it on herself, which last for very little, and a slow/speed up for 2 seconds, which matters little for people who can dash like xin or akali, or someone who runs fast like eve.

    Orianna can deal some damage, and is useful for a team fight, yet I'd rather go with Soraka or Janna any day over Orianna simply because I believe they are better than Orianna. Yet, I'll still play Orianna every now and then because she is a pretty fun champ.

    Her stats are decent when you have the ball on you, but when you're using it to support or fight with.. little armor and magic resist.

    *Waiting for more people to argue with*
    Idk the shield is pretty nice, saved many a teammate with it. Then again I max it first cause its beastly. Orianna has the same things you mentioned that Janna has. Slow is W, Knock Up is her ult. Her shield is obviously E. Also what level was the eve?

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Funn3lcak3s View Post
    Idk the shield is pretty nice, saved many a teammate with it. Then again I max it first cause its beastly. Orianna has the same things you mentioned that Janna has. Slow is W, Knock Up is her ult. Her shield is obviously E. Also what level was the eve?
    Orianna's ult is too long of a cooldown to be considered a knock out you can always rely on, although in a team fight, it is VERY useful to have; especially if the team is completely even with one another.

    eve = level 9. A burst damage is Orianna's worst nightmare... wait, it's a squishy's worst nightmare. Oh well. I just expect a buff for her in the next patch or two. But I could be wrong. Hell, I bet a lot of people will think i'll be wrong. But it's what i think.


    Interested in my LoL builds?
    Here's my Mobafire account.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jashadow View Post
    She's not useless, I will admit to that, yet when an eve can tower dive me with full hp at level 9, kill me, and walk off, I think she IS too squishy. These aren't mistakes I make. I play the game with careful thinking and always keeping multiple options. Soraka has 2 heals, a silence, and is able to survive a lot more than Orianna. Janna herself is faster, has a slow, a knockup, and a shield. Orianna has a shield if she puts it on herself, which last for very little, and a slow/speed up for 2 seconds, which matters little for people who can dash like xin or akali, or someone who runs fast like eve.

    Orianna can deal some damage, and is useful for a team fight, yet I'd rather go with Soraka or Janna any day over Orianna simply because I believe they are better than Orianna. Yet, I'll still play Orianna every now and then because she is a pretty fun champ.

    Her stats are decent when you have the ball on you, but when you're using it to support or fight with.. little armor and magic resist.

    *Waiting for more people to argue with*
    So after 1-2 days of her being out, you'll already drop the champ for others deeming to be more useful?

    And I find it funny that you say an eve came at you with full health and just dropped you within the tower? Either you just sat there and let it happen or she was fed behind belief. Either over leveling you, farming better, or just kill fed. You also mention few champions out of 70+ that can counter her? Thats a problem with most champions.

    Both the champions I mentioned are the #1 supports at the moment. If you really need all their ability's at once to survive in a lane, then you're doing something wrong. Also are you going solo lane? Because I wouldn't recommend that either. Since you did state she has no escape ability's and for being so squishy, then the best bet is a duo lane bottom with a carry. She is most likely made for carries to grab the kills. Her kit is more towards support anyway.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    So after 1-2 days of her being out, you'll already drop the champ for others deeming to be more useful?
    Yes. I've had my fun with her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    And I find it funny that you say an eve came at you with full health and just dropped you within the tower? Either you just sat there and let it happen or she was fed behind belief. Either over leveling you, farming better, or just kill fed. You also mention few champions out of 70+ that can counter her? Thats a problem with most champions.
    She was fed off of kills and from minions. Mostly because I assumed if I went out of the tower's range, I would die. Didn't stop her mid game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    Both the champions I mentioned are the #1 supports at the moment. If you really need all their ability's at once to survive in a lane, then you're doing something wrong. Also are you going solo lane? Because I wouldn't recommend that either. Since you did state she has no escape ability's and for being so squishy, then the best bet is a duo lane bottom with a carry. She is most likely made for carries to grab the kills. Her kit is more towards support anyway.
    #1 Supporter? Jilybean would laugh . And playing as Orianna, she needs something more to survive. As I've said before, she has decent defense/MR when the ball is on her, but it's always flying everywhere. And solo lane as Orianna? I don't recommend that either. I was with a tank though; a malphite, who I assume was new with malphite, by the way he was playing. Orianna is more of a support to play with an aggressive carry. She can harass good and slow the enemy while speeding you up, which would be perfect for.. say Tryndamere.


    Interested in my LoL builds?
    Here's my Mobafire account.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jashadow View Post
    Yes. I've had my fun with her.


    She was fed off of kills and from minions. Mostly because I assumed if I went out of the tower's range, I would die. Didn't stop her mid game.



    #1 Supporter? Jilybean would laugh . And playing as Orianna, she needs something more to survive. As I've said before, she has decent defense/MR when the ball is on her, but it's always flying everywhere. And solo lane as Orianna? I don't recommend that either. I was with a tank though; a malphite, who I assume was new with malphite, by the way he was playing. Orianna is more of a support to play with an aggressive carry. She can harass good and slow the enemy while speeding you up, which would be perfect for.. say Tryndamere.
    I didn't know jilybean was in top elo or even in this argument. All it takes is logic to play this champion.



    First game as her. All i was on was the champion spotlight. I laned with a blitz vs Ashe and Lee Sin. 2 Great damage dealing champions. Wanna know what i did? I stayed back knowing my distance and harassed them back. Never over extended, warded as much as i could, and did decent damage without very much AP (I had maybe 4 stacks of the Majs.). Very easy champion to play. Just have to know where your ball is and place it correctly.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lava View Post
    I didn't know jilybean was in top elo or even in this argument. All it takes is logic to play this champion.



    First game as her. All i was on was the champion spotlight. I laned with a blitz vs Ashe and Lee Sin. 2 Great damage dealing champions. Wanna know what i did? I stayed back knowing my distance and harassed them back. Never over extended, warded as much as i could, and did decent damage without very much AP (I had maybe 4 stacks of the Majs.). Very easy champion to play. Just have to know where your ball is and place it correctly.
    Jilybean is the best support player I know. Ask any other eGO people, and I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the same.

    What did Carmine tell me.. oh, something about not letting personal experiences, especially one game, meaning everything on a champion. I've gone 14-2-20 with her. I've also fed completely. Good games happen, and bad games happen. Yes, you are supposed to stay back and control the ball and deal damage that way. What of it? She does very little damage, although, over time the damage adds up. But wait.. how much mana does she have and how much mana does each move cost? Exactly. Not worth it, in my opinion. Man, I love discussion forums.


    Interested in my LoL builds?
    Here's my Mobafire account.

  7. #27

    Default

    I love how neither of you know what you are talking about. And how the more experienced players know this as well, but rather not say anything to offend you guys.


  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathobo View Post
    I love how neither of you know what you are talking about. And how the more experienced players know this as well, but rather not say anything to offend you guys.
    Do you mean experience as in time or more experience in understanding the game?

    I also played that one game to prove a point. She isn't squishy and she does loads of damage even without many AP items.

    So the initial argument is over.
    Last edited by Lava; 06-03-2011 at 12:59 AM.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fathobo View Post
    I love how neither of you know what you are talking about. And how the more experienced players know this as well, but rather not say anything to offend you guys.
    We're just stating our different opinions on the newest champion. Come, join us.

    Also, I think (in time playing the game), Lava and I have more experience than you. And in understanding the game.. It's only human nature to think you're better than someone else.


    Interested in my LoL builds?
    Here's my Mobafire account.

  10. #30

    Default

    I'll just say this. She is just about the most even champion Riot has made. She might need a few changes, and survivability is not one that's for sure.

    First off, Riot has no idea what it is talking about, just because a champion can give another champion a shield does not make her support. Morgana can give someone a shield that reflects CC abilities but that doesn't it make her support does it, Zilean can speed up a character to run faster or revive another champion but that doesn't make him a support does it?

    Also, why in the world are you playing her as a support? The amount of damage she does face rolls people and playing her as a support is a waste of your time and your whole team. Her AP damage is amazing and I don't know how By the way, she can 1v1 like a boss, cause of her early harass (if you didn't see Phreak in the champion spotlight I don't know what you saw). You can get a serious amount of kills if you harass early game and she can take some damage, if you play smart and buy your health pots and wards you should be fine.

    Lava, there is no #1 support out there, there are actually quite a few that are beneficial to a team. Each character is good for a specific purpose. Sure Soraka and Janna are the common ones said but so is Taric if you didn't see the WCG tourney. Other boss supports can be Sona, Taric, Kayle.

    Before I end this I would like to ask a question, do you watch streams?
    If you said yes, then you should know by now that the best players in the game HotShotGG and BigFatGG are playing Orianna and face rolling kids by going AP and not support, and these are top tier ranked players, who both are going to DreamHack. You can learn a lot by just watching how top tier people play and if you say you win all your matches and think you don't have to watch streams to become a stronger player, then I don't know what to say.

    EVE IS A PRO SUPPORT.


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •