User Tag List

Default CS Dust 2 Rules list

I suggest we have a list of the rules similar to the TTT and JB rules for the Dust 2 server. This would allow any admin from CS to be familiar with the various rules which are specific to Dust 2. The list would cover camping, attempting the objective, re-buying, the difference between sprays from CSGO and CSS. This would also be useful for the players of the server to see the rules written instead of it being unwritten rules that the admins are enforcing.

I think the global rules are pretty solid as seen here most of what you said is covered by the global rules. But ill listen for opinions on this topic

I don't see any harm in adding a section stating the rules. Could help CS:GO admins have more of an understanding of the rules for the CSS Dust 2 server before joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Da_Lobster View Post
    I think the global rules are pretty solid as seen here most of what you said is covered by the global rules. But ill listen for opinions on this topic
    For the most part the global rules do cover all of this. However it doesn't tell admins that terrorists have to be out of spawn by 1:30. It also doesn't explain that you can buy a smoke, flash, or nade and throw it immediately and buy one more for use at a later time, but constant rebuying is a server disruption. Not attempting the objective can occur several ways, besides camping spawn, terrorists can camp elsewhere and not attempt the objective causing delays in the game. Counter terrorists can not attempt the objective by delaying or not going for the bomb defusal at all. Can you say that the global rules are clear enough on those situations for admins unfamiliar with the game who are attempting to help when one of the few CSS admins aren't on. This would also help to provide a more consistent admining of the server for the rules to be in written form.

Honestly as someone who used to sometimes jump onto Dust 2, I wouldn't mind this. There are definitely a few unwritten rules that we have done over the years, as Cascsiany said in their post above mine. Even just a space in the eG section would be fine for it. Just somewhere to be able to go.

My own personal experience was jumping on and having fun, but then having players tell me "XYZ is not out and it's 1:30", which I didn't really know. It left me in a position of trying to decide if this was really a rule or not, since I was not a server regular.

Dust2 generally only has 1-2 admins on at a time, max, with lots of times without it. It would definitely benefit from just having somewhere admins can double check the rules and a quick handling of differences. I support the idea based on my experience in the Dust2 server (Which I'm very happy to see is still thriving on all these years later).

I like this, would be nice if I actually knew more of the rules for css

Have an idea for an event? Need help recruiting someone? Want to join ego?
    Add me on steam or discord and I can help you out.
    Discord: 3dsam#3179
    Steam:3dsam1

Quote Originally Posted by Cascsiany View Post
    For the most part the global rules do cover all of this. However it doesn't tell admins that terrorists have to be out of spawn by 1:30. It also doesn't explain that you can buy a smoke, flash, or nade and throw it immediately and buy one more for use at a later time, but constant rebuying is a server disruption. Not attempting the objective can occur several ways, besides camping spawn, terrorists can camp elsewhere and not attempt the objective causing delays in the game. Counter terrorists can not attempt the objective by delaying or not going for the bomb defusal at all. Can you say that the global rules are clear enough on those situations for admins unfamiliar with the game who are attempting to help when one of the few CSS admins aren't on. This would also help to provide a more consistent admining of the server for the rules to be in written form.
    I agree with @Cascsiany, a lot of times when a new admin joins, I would have to go over the specific rules relating to CSS Dust2 server which takes precious time from admining the server. I don't mind teaching new admins, but a specific rule list in the forums would reduce a lot of this.
    If you want me to, I can also format and draft the rule list to help leadership.
    Cheers,
    ~Capt
    Last edited by Capt_dez_nutz; 09-30-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    =(e)= 05 May 2017
    =(eG)= 02 Sep 2017
    =(eG)= Removed 10 Oct 2017
    =(e)= Added back 11 Oct 2017
    =(eG)= 01 January 2019
    =(eGO)= 21 April 2019

I wouldn't really mind having rules for the dust 2 server. While they are having less admins (1-3max) will actually courage people to look at the rules. Probably recruit some of the new/old players on that server due to it having it is own rule. This is my opinion.

+1

I will write up the dust2 specific rules myself if need be, but this suggestion is honestly something that we should implement. The dust2 server is one of our highest ranking servers and is consistently full of players and has a history of minimal admin presence. I'd love to be able to have written rules so new admins don't feel so intimidated by the server specific rules as well as helping new players by being able to point to a specific page of rules so there is no confusion.
    Likes Simon liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sniper View Post
    Rules like those are for bronze players...
    Quote Originally Posted by _MEGA
    but then MC gets stabbed
    and she's in the hospital on her phone searching "how win a guy over in the hospital"