EdgeGamers Keyboard Buyers Guide
Time for a new keyboard? We asked the EdgeGamers community what they are currently gaming with. We took all of the results and threw them all together into this buyers guide. If you need a new keyboard or are just looking for an upgrade take a look over these recommended options below.
- Custom-color backlit keys: Personalize your keyboard and easily locate the right keys, even in the dark
- Integrated USB audio: Headphone and mic jacks let you use your headset for clear communication with teammates
- 12 programmable G-keys: 3 macros per key make it easy to pre-set up to 36 unique functions per game, including single keystrokes and complex macros
- High-speed USB 2.0 hub port: Transfer data from flash drives or quickly plug in your gaming mouse
- Game Mode Switch: Disable the Windows/Context Menu keys so if you accidentally press them you won’t get dropped from the game
- 12 programmable G-keys: Three macros per key make it easy to pre-set up to 36 unique functions per game
- Game Mode Switch: Disable the Windows/Context Menu keys
Recommended By Visual Premod
- Anodized Black Brushed Aluminum Chassis – Professional-Grade look and feel plus the rugged durability needed for hours of gaming
- Cherry MX Brown Mechanical Switches – Fast and precise response with light tactile feedback for comfortable typing.
- Key-by-Key Customizable Backlighting – Deep red LEDs with adjustable brightness and per key programmability to light up just the keys you need. Save the combination for your favorite game directly to the keyboard.
- Contoured, Textured WASD Keycaps – Keep your eyes on the action with easy to locate FPS keys
- 100% Anti-Ghosting with 104 Key Roll-over on USB – Every keystroke translates into accurate game play.
- Detachable full length wrist rest – Soft touch design that’s comfortable for hours of play and easy to remove if it gets in your way.
- BlackWidow Ultimate 2016, the latest generation of Razer’s iconic battle-tested elite mechanical gaming keyboard.
- Built around Razer’s award-winning Mechanical Switches designed from the ground up for hard-core gaming. The crisp, tactile feel, responsiveness and consistency deliver a unique unfair gaming advantage.
- Extreme Durability- Razer mechanical switches are rated up to 60 million keystrokes and come with a 2-year warranty.
- Individually programmable backlit keys with 5 dynamic lighting options in stunning Razer Green.
- Easily program keys, design custom lighting, download pro configurations, synchronize all Razer devices and store settings on the cloud with Razer Synapse software.
- Pass-through USB 3.0 and headset jack.
- Full Anti-Ghosting with 10 key roll-over.
- World’s fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches with up to 25 percent faster actuation
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting from a palette of 16 million colors
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on your smartphone or tablet without interrupting the game
- 9 programmable G-keys: Create custom game macros to execute complex commands with lightning speed and accuracy
- Dedicated media controls: One-touch control panel for quick access to play, pause, mute, volume and skip
Recommended By Legend, imthehobo123
- 100% Cherry Blue MX Switches. They deliver a fast and precise response with great tactile feedback.
- The N-key rollover function is a must-have for gamers!
- Multimedia keys give you direct control from your keyboard.
- Shortcut Keys: Stop, Play/Pause, Back, Forward, Volume up, and Volume down
- Rubber pads on the bottom of the keyboard help stabilize it from sliding while you are typing and gaming.
- Gaming-Grade Lifetime of up to 50 Million Clicks with Cherry’s Unique-Protected Principle of Gold-Cross point Contacts
- Gold Plated USB and PS2 Connector to Resist Corrosion and Ensure Low Latency
Recommended By kilroyy-
- Powerful Key Illumination – with a bright LED underneath each key
- Easy-Shift [+] Becomes easy Keyboard – assign a secondary function to virtually any key. N-Key Rollover – means advanced anti-ghosting
- High Powered Hardware – 32-bit ARM Cortex processor + 2 MB of flash memory. Roccat Achievements Display – keep track of your vital statistics.
- Top Notch Key Switches- Mechanical Cherry MX key switches
- Smudge Proof Glossy Look – killer look – with no fingerprints
- Complete Comfort, Rock Solid – jumbo-size integrated wrist rest
- Clutter-Free, Super-Stable Support- in-built cable channel and five rubber feet
- 3 programmable thumbster keys (T1 – T3), 5 programmable macro keys (M1 – M5), 94 other programmable keys, 1000 Hz polling rate, 1 ms response time
Recommended By RedDragonKnight